Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest - The New Man City?

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Taken over by one of Kuwait's richest families. That could be one promotion spot already decided.

Mixed opinions. Yes they could afford big players, like Man City. But. Like Man City, could take them a while to play well as a team.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How long did it take City to become a decent team?
I think there's a big difference between building a team that is one of the four best teams in the country, and building one good enough for promotion to the top 20.

Yes, even Cotterill could probably do it, although I doubt he will be given the chance.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Heard this from a forest fan a few weeks back. I don't think it's on anything like the scale of wealth as Man City. More like other clubs mentioned here earlier. It looks more of a push for the prem and then sell the club. So expect lots of loans and a few signings and a new manager. They might challenge, but then they might do a Leicester.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
They've got some work to do for sure, with Lynch leaving yesterday they only really have 3 full first team defenders in the squad. In true 'Arry Redknapp style, they are down to the bare bones at the moment I think.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I was under the impression that rich owners couldn't just plough money into the first team anymore due to the FFP rules?

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Would much rather have a Brighton fan as chairman and stay in the championship for years, than have some family trying to make money from our amazing football club and getting to the prem.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wonder who Cotterill's replacement will be?

'Arry's free I guess and clearly a club with big money to spend, awash with cash that doesn't want to be there for too long before it suddenly all disappears again is just his barrer. Think I might get a few bob on via the dog's betfred account! :blush:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think there's a big difference between building a team that is one of the four best teams in the country, and building one good enough for promotion to the top 20.

Yes, even Cotterill could probably do it, although I doubt he will be given the chance.

OK well Leicester is a better example perhaps. It is highly unlikely in my eyes that Forest will build a team worthy of promotion AND get them all gelling within the next month or so.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was under the impression that rich owners couldn't just plough money into the first team anymore due to the FFP rules?

It won't kick in for another few years yet but when it does any club making losses of over 5 m will have fines depending on how much they exceed it and a transfer embargo if they end up getting promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here