Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters' Driving Rant #146

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why OH WHY do people not park up to the end of the marked parking bays? There are half the number of available spaces in Zone Z that there should be due to people parking carelessly/unthoughtfully. If you don't know how to park, please follow the advice diagram that I have kindly provided. I'm pretty sure that 50% of Brighton's drivers (at least) just dump their cars without any thought for other drivers.:US:

Attachments

• parking.JPG
    parking.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 249

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It beggars belief that the council got rid of individual bays, if they were still around then the problem you highlight wouldn't exist.

I didn't live in Brighton when they had those. It should theoretically be better without individual bays, as then with smaller cars, more would be able to fit in. it seems that most people just can't cope with it, however!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I would like to know why it is so PREDICTABLE that when it tips down with rain and their is spray 10 feet high, people still boot along at 90 odd with no lights on and 25 feet between cars, absolutely GUARANTEEING their will be a pile up, f***ing up everyones days (and a few peoples lives). Selfish ignorant CNTS.

I could have predicted this happening today just by opening the curtains.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps people are in that mind set of giving each other their personal space, space to pull out (e.g. if someone parks close to the front of them, they might appreciate some reversing space to pull out).

Just like we don't all squash up on the bus or in cinemas, we like to spread out.

Though, with set seats, it's easier to slip into gaps on buses and in cinemeas than parking spaces...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would like to know why it is so PREDICTABLE that when it tips down with rain and their is spray 10 feet high, people still boot along at 90 odd with no lights on and 25 feet between cars, absolutely GUARANTEEING their will be a pile up, f***ing up everyones days (and a few peoples lives). Selfish ignorant CNTS.

I could have predicted this happening today just by opening the curtains.

Ah yes, I was going to make this rant yesterday, but completely forgot. It seems that 1/3rd of drivers don't know that you're supposed to have your lights on when it's raining, whilst another significant proportion seem to think you should have your fog lights on all the time unless it's mid-July and there isn't a cloud in the sky!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Ah yes, I was going to make this rant yesterday, but completely forgot. It seems that 1/3rd of drivers don't know that you're supposed to have your lights on when it's raining, whilst another significant proportion seem to think you should have your fog lights on all the time unless it's mid-July and there isn't a cloud in the sky!

just been up the A1 but had to turn back because of these cnts. Road totally closed due to a smash. Totally predictable I don't know why I bothered setting out.

It defies belief, the arrogance selfishness and stupidity on our roads now. It's turning into France!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, the driving in the rain thing.

I drove from NW London to Brighton early yesterday morning and feared for my life all the way from joining the M25 to getting into Brighton. f*** THAT I thought weh I got back, it was ridiculous.

I also almost got run off the road by a lorry on the north circular.

Scary stuff.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
İbrahim Tatlıses;3152378 said:
It annoys me too when looking for a space, but I think a lot of the time it just happens when cars come and go, rather than people neglecting to think.

No, I mean at the end of a space or road, where half of a car length is left.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Woah Board ... bad day? Cheer up chaps, life could be a whole lot worse, remember past seasons when we've languished in the relegation zone, not knowing where the next point or even goal is coming from and with a squad that look disorganised and are playing as individuals? Do'h!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I park outside my house in a similar style bay. I agree that most of the time it is annoying, but what is equally annoying is when you go to jump in you car and somebody has parked really close in front of you, and somebody else has parked equally near behiond, making it nigh on impossible to remove your car.

I agree with the lights/rain comments big time.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Oh dear... I'll go get a mug of tea and that will get my brain back in order.

I actually have lost the ability to fluently speak english over the last week.

:mendoza:
Strings, yesterday

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Notters 100% AGREE.

As a PROUD Area Z permit holder it well and truly FUCKS ME OFF.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You don't need the zone parking thing to realise just how selfish some parkers are. The number of people - no, let's be precise here WOMEN - who park their one car across two spaces does my head in.

Walking along Southdown Avenue, I see them 'park' there when they are dropping Tarquin and Chickpea off at Downs. You want to say something, but there are kids about...

:rant:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can't see the problem myself. Just buy a house with a drive and a garage............

:fishing:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't see the problem myself. Just buy a house with a drive and a garage............

:fishing:

Better still hire a chauffeur and give him / her the problem of parking.

or maybe not?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Better still hire a chauffeur and give him / her the problem of parking.

or maybe not?

Can't get one from good stock these days. And don't talk to me about the Albanians and Poles etc, hardworking but I just can't understand them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here