Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nothing like getting carried away....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not much of a sense of perspective down in Wales.... Swansea were playing mighty Milton Keynes Dons FFS....

Knight to remember for Leon

Jan 12 2006

Ian Hunt, Western Mail

GREAT debuts - a 17-year-old Alan Shearer hitting a hat-trick at Southampton, Fabrizio Ravanelli smashing in three for Middlesbrough, Wayne Rooney's Champions' League treble against Fenerbahce...

Now you can add the name of Leon Knight to that illustrious list after the striker marked his first appearance for Swansea City with a hat-trick that will also live long in the memory.

Knight was the hot topic of conversation for Swans fans everywhere yesterday in the wake of his superb first-half treble that illuminated Swansea's 3-1 win over MK Dons on Tuesday night.

The 23-year-old hit-man had the Liberty Stadium crowd rubbing their eyes in disbelief as he handsomely began paying off the £125,000 Swansea paid Brighton for his services with a volley, a header and a sweet 10-yard finish inside the opening 27 minutes.

And comparisons were inevitably being made with Shearer, Ravanelli, Rooney and all the other top players who have enjoyed unforgettable debuts in recent seasons.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
eastlondonseagull said:
Er, and you can add Bryan Wade to that 'illustrious' list for going one better, you numptees.

Except that wasn't his debut.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Fair play

Leon did very good

And Swansea have signed a player whose goals will gurantee them promotion.

Nothing wrong in getting a bit excited about that.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
the right footed denilson said:
Fair play

Leon did very good

And Swansea have signed a player whose goals will gurantee them promotion.

Nothing wrong in getting a bit excited about that.
Yeah but comparing him to Shearer, Ravanelli and Rooney?!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
garry nelsons left foot said:
I think his debut was the week before, away to Wolves. A game in which he also scored I believe.

That was indeed his full debut and he did score. But he also appeared as a sub against Middlesbrough earlier in the season.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
garry nelsons left foot said:
I think his debut was the week before, away to Wolves. A game in which he also scored I believe.

I left the Goldstone that night believing I'd witnessed the incredible debut...of a crap player. I've been living a lie for all these years :thud:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the right footed denilson said:
Is a bit far-fetched

But i wish we had some optimism like that to hold on to. :(

the welsh love to big up everything the world cup qualifiers for example they came fourth in their league which when said on TV sounds not bad for a country this size.

but hang on minute there was only five in that group and the team below them was azerbajan :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here