Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not trains at all for Brentford.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Guaranteed to be as Albion-equivalent shambolic as recent retreat from Kabul, or, for older posters, Saigon. Could get messy...

If it were Palace perhaps but still an exaggeration there. Nevertheless I think a few people could find themselves stood in the wrong bus queue. The stewarding and getting it right (unrehearsed) will be key.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If it were Palace perhaps but still an exaggeration there. Nevertheless I think a few people could find themselves stood in the wrong bus queue. The stewarding and getting it right (unrehearsed) will be key.

I've booked meself on my first ever Seagulls Travel coach for Boxing Day. Have no doubt that my Amex-bound travel from Withdean will be a doddle. Have equally no doubt that the return leg of the journey will be an absolute shitstorm that we'll still be talking about 3 days later. Ah well, worst comes to worst, I can still walk home in an hour and a bit :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've booked meself on my first ever Seagulls Travel coach for Boxing Day. Have no doubt that my Amex-bound travel from Withdean will be a doddle. Have equally no doubt that the return leg of the journey will be an absolute shitstorm that we'll still be talking about 3 days later. Ah well, worst comes to worst, I can still walk home in an hour and a bit :shrug:

Crikey you only have to travel a few miles, think about those poor sods who have to travel a lot further. I use a North West Sussex Seagulls coach for every game and it works like a doddle.

You will be home in plenty of time for your late night cup of cocoa.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Club might well be doing the half-decent thing by laying on a shuttle service from Brighton station to Falmer. Just try getting one back to Brighton after the game tho. Unless they've commandeered a huge number of coaches, you'll still be queueing there at midnght. Even with trains running at that time of night on a school night you'd be queueing for the best part of an hour.

Club could have done the wholly-decent thing and railed loudly and proudly against the insulting timing of this fixture. What do we get instead? Not a peep out of them. Bit of a reality check for those who believe the club always act in the fans' best interests. On this occasion, SKY said jump and the Albion's response was How High Shall We Jump Oh Great Paymaster?

This is nonsense. The tv contract is between sky/bt etc and the PL centrally. Individual clubs have no say.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
About 10 posts back I shared this
508a28bab97ff415b12cf6b83573361e.jpg

so sharing it again for those absolutely insistent the club have said nothing …

As for the speculation that we’re not going to get a bus back until Tuesday morning - It’s not helpful for those who are ,get this , actually looking forward to it. And get this , actually going.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Guaranteed to be as Albion-equivalent shambolic as recent retreat from Kabul, or, for older posters, Saigon. Could get messy...

Was it the Wolves game one midweek evening No Trains
Coaches from Lewes and Brighton etc instead
Got home the fastest ever from the Amex
Just as quick as the departure from Withdean
So you never know ? I suspect the gate will be similar :lolol:
To Withdean I mean

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yeah imagine playing palace at 8pm on an inappropriate choice of night. Nah, that'll never happen. :Ffsparr:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Drove to Lewes station at 6.25pm
Parked a few minutes away in the free street parking.
Walked straight onto a bus headed to Falmer.
On way to Falmer - should be there by 645pm.
Or “carnage” as some other excitable sites predicted a few weeks back…

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Drove to Lewes station at 6.25pm
Parked a few minutes away in the free street parking.
Walked straight onto a bus headed to Falmer.
On way to Falmer - should be there by 645pm.
Or “carnage” as some other excitable sites predicted a few weeks back…

Just as well circa 10k+ decided to not / couldn't come.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just as well circa 10k+ decided to not / couldn't come.

Club got the thousands who did go there and back very smoothly with good stewarding, multiple buses, and plenty of extra car parks and park and rides. Won’t be too everyone’s liking - lots on here predicted queues and waits and all sorts regardless of actual attendance - but in my experience from Lewes to Falmer and back, worth crediting.

Perhaps some were actually put off by reading on here how terrible it was going to be. - and threads like NO TRAINS etc

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Club got the thousands who did go there and back very smoothly with good stewarding, multiple buses, and plenty of extra car parks and park and rides. Won’t be too everyone’s liking - lots on here predicted queues and waits and all sorts regardless of actual attendance - but in my experience from Lewes to Falmer and back, worth crediting.

Perhaps some were actually put off by reading on here how terrible it was going to be. - and threads like NO TRAINS etc

We used Sainsburys West Hove yesterday and it was a breeze. It really couldn't have been any more straightforward.I would personally have put up with a lot less convenience for a bigger crowd.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Not funny, relevant, comparable or anywhere near correct. Transport arrangements worked perfectly and those lucky/dedicated/able to go last night (except Brentford fans) had a great time and had no complaints (except you, if you went, no doubt).

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Normally get the train via Lewes, so drove and used the University car park which was very slow took about thirty minutes to queue/park. Not great, personally Boxing Day home games don't work for me living outside the area.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I used the shuttle bus to and from Brighton station, worked an absolute treat. Really well organised I thought.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I parked in the Bridge for the first time - well organised, plenty of stewards who knew what they were doing , about 20 mins getting out which wasn’t really an issue , and I was home by 22.40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Normally get the train via Lewes, so drove and used the University car park which was very slow took about thirty minutes to queue/park. Not great, personally Boxing Day home games don't work for me living outside the area.

Traffic was very, very slow coming down Coldean Lane and it all seemed to be as a result of queues to get into the uni. Turning right into Bridge was a doddle though.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I had a ticket for the university car park , bloody nightmare, queued for over an hour ,only to be told it was full , despite buying a ticket , there was no one checking tickets , so anybody could park without a ticket , which is what happened.
After finding somewhere to park the car eventually got in the ground 25 mins into the first half.
If the club are going to charge £15 parking charge at least it should be organised so people who pay actually get a parking space

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No ques on my bike there or back :p

Was about half the normal number of bikes in the park.

I'm pretty sure they didn't announce the attendance as it would have been a farce, but I'd say it was about half full. Better than I thought it would be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here