Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not trains at all for Brentford.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I Maybe Potter could have spoken up in favour of the fans or something but he's no Klopp and that's okay.

461e5027568ad15feb4c9e8ef2d3367c.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If you actually read my post I said that the club have said nothing publicly, if they’d said they disagreed but nothing they could do then most of this bad feeling would have been avoided. But that doesn’t add up does it. We have had TWO 3pm kick offs this season, that in itself is a joke. THE CLUB DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE INDIVIDUAL FAN.

This is the bloke paid £2m a year yeah. We’re not allowed any criticism on him though? Even when he is saying nothing publicly about the impact on the clubs own fans. I’m disappointed with Uncle Tony too.

It's got nothing to do with the club not caring, and everything to do with the fact that Sky pay them so much money to change the timing of the fixture that it is just too good to turn down!

As l said in a previous post, us fans generate an absolute pittance in revenue for the club, in comparison to tv money these days.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
would be interesting to know the total number of car par spaces at all these park and rides such that if everyone is used up and an average 2 people per vehicle equals 30k? doubt it, so whats everyone else doing walking? That said im not sure the club can do any more practically. The concept of a match with NO trains is totally wrong though given the whole stadium was built on that basis and the tickets obviously include that element.

The total number of passengers that can be carried to the stadium buy train based on the number of services and trains is only in the region of 3000.
so only 10% of the crowd.

Its not a significant number.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wonder if no trains is having an impact on getting staff? Seen some recruiter 'friends' on facebook advertising for staff for Boxing Day (never seen them advertise before) for £14.50 an hour 4pm-10pm

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
The total number of passengers that can be carried to the stadium buy train based on the number of services and trains is only in the region of 3000.

You think only 3000 people come to the Amex by train on a typical matchday!?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

A 12 carriage train carries 1750 people. As I don't use the train I've no idea how long the trains are but would guess 8 carriages and 6 trains to Brighton with 4 to Lewes. 10 trains of 1200 people is 12,000 people moved away. My guess.
But now put 12,000 people into buses and P&R. Each bus carries 100 so that's a heaving 120 buses. Many will do more than one trip so again a guess at 50 buses to find with 50 drivers.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just a heads up quite a few seats still available on Seagulls Travel Match Day Express if anyone needs one - check their website for details / collection point and times etc [emoji1303]

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
A 12 carriage train carries 1750 people. As I don't use the train I've no idea how long the trains are but would guess 8 carriages and 6 trains to Brighton with 4 to Lewes. 10 trains of 1200 people is 12,000 people moved away. My guess.
But now put 12,000 people into buses and P&R. Each bus carries 100 so that's a heaving 120 buses. Many will do more than one trip so again a guess at 50 buses to find with 50 drivers.

The pre-pandemic timetable was 6 trains per hour every hour Monday to Saturday. They are a usually lengthened to a mix of 8, 6 and 5 car when there is a match. So typically approaching 80 carriages per hour. Although you can squeeze more people on I think the stewards allow around 100 people per car for various reasons. So the capacity is very approximately 8,000 per hour. Given that many people arrive/leave more than 1 hour pre/post kick off 12,000 per match is a reasonable top-end estimate for a typical match day.

Rail is by far the single biggest travel mode and if more capacity were added it would quickly be swallowed up by induced demand IMO.

Not having trains available is not a trivial problem to solve.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

If there’s 6 to Brighton an hour but only 4 to Lewes an hour what’s happening to the 2 extra an hour in Brighton? From the sound of it you don’t usually get the train to matches so are just basing this all on guess work.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
If there’s 6 to Brighton an hour but only 4 to Lewes an hour what’s happening to the 2 extra an hour in Brighton? From the sound of it you don’t usually get the train to matches so are just basing this all on guess work.

How they got there might be a little flawed, but they have arrived at a good estimate.

TravelSurvey.PNG

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Once the Pretendance is announced could we all get together and sing.........

https://youtu.be/WGau8RBMNG8

If the club have got any sense of decency of not insulting people's intelligence, especially those actually, y'know, ATTENDING, then they'll hopefully have the good grace not to announce it at all. There's been such Amex occasions in the past. Announcing this one would be taking the piss One Step Beyond IMHO. Will still get relayed and reported to the BBC and the record books as 28,315 or some such bolleaux tho eh?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Club might well be doing the half-decent thing by laying on a shuttle service from Brighton station to Falmer. Just try getting one back to Brighton after the game tho. Unless they've commandeered a huge number of coaches, you'll still be queueing there at midnght. Even with trains running at that time of night on a school night you'd be queueing for the best part of an hour.

Club could have done the wholly-decent thing and railed loudly and proudly against the insulting timing of this fixture. What do we get instead? Not a peep out of them. Bit of a reality check for those who believe the club always act in the fans' best interests. On this occasion, SKY said jump and the Albion's response was How High Shall We Jump Oh Great Paymaster?

Last edited:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021

The club should be working on basis of a sell out 30k plus crowd so if half the number travel by bus (and i doubt its less than that) 15000 people and 100 per bus roughly thats 150 busses or as others have said a few multiple trips by less busses (do we even have that many locally available?), my guess is thats still about 50 to 75 MINIMUM drivers. Doubt there are that many and covid free available on Boxing day at that time. How many vehicle spaces are there? I think for this match the local residents parking scheme shouldve been dropped. If busses are doing multiple journeys to park and rides then I can see quite a few fans getting away well over an hour after the final whistle and then the battle to leave the car pk.

The more you think about 8pm Boxing Day the more mad it is. IT must be very annoying to thousands of fans that cant make it then simply have no means of getting there, yes somewhat beyond the clubs control but ive not heard the club out up any objections (happy to be corrected).

I spoke to someone earlier that thought the club will deliberately call the game off in the morning (make up some extra covid cases etc easy to fake distort truth) which i thought was a wind up but he was serious. Personally i think the club stand to lose a lot of money for late cancellations with staffing stewarding policing costs and so on. I actually think the clubs profits will be seriously down with all the additional transport costs unless they have claimed some sort of refund from the railways in the deal they've no doubt struck?

And what makes me most mad is Sky. If you cant make the match in person you have paid for the ticket then pay again to watch on TV.

After Saturday 3pm ko went out the window its a bit of a lottery being a PL season ticket holder how many games can you attend and that takes me down the ticket share exchange road and thats for another thread.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here