Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not trains at all for Brentford.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I sincerely hope the ground is nearly empty

****ing ridiculous kick off time and appalling services ( understandably) for travel.

Add to that a pandemic exploding and a ****nuckle in charge too scared to do anything about it due to his own vanity.

The club have your money, stay the **** at home.

If you don't know already it'll be a shit game ( if its not called off . . . ). We'll go down 1-0 just before half time, despite dominating posession and looking like an 80 year old Hugh Hefner, ( silky but no penetration) then in the second half be crap for a while and salvage a draw via a fluke/worldie/penalty somewhere between 85 & 110 minutes.

Subbuteo ska and wine would be my suggested alternative

Or scalextric soul and port

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well this is an area I admire the club in. They've been put in an impossible situation imo by stupid sky, and I have sympathy for them.

But it'll be carnage if a lot of fans turn up.

The club have certainly done what they can to try and assist fans. Shuttle bus to/from Lewes station too as well as the various extra P&R sites.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I sincerely hope the ground is nearly empty

****ing ridiculous kick off time and appalling services ( understandably) for travel.

Add to that a pandemic exploding and a ****nuckle in charge too scared to do anything about it due to his own vanity.

The club have your money, stay the **** at home.

If you don't know already it'll be a shit game ( if its not called off . . . ). We'll go down 1-0 just before half time, despite dominating posession and looking like an 80 year old Hugh Hefner, ( silky but no penetration) then in the second half be crap for a while and salvage a draw via a fluke/worldie/penalty somewhere between 85 & 110 minutes.

Subbuteo ska and wine would be my suggested alternative

Or scalextric soul and port

Our Boxing Day match v Brentford is just about the ultimate expression of the utter contempt in which the EPL and its broadcasting paymasters hold the ordinary fan. Bet they can't wait til they officially get to phase us out in favour of CGI equivalents. Seems only a matter of time. Oh well, best cancel all the pies then :wave:

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Sorry for the stupid question but I’m hoping someone can help me here - is the park and ride at the race course available without actually using the car park? I.e. like the shuttle service outside Bton station. I suspect I am being v thick.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sorry for the stupid question but I’m hoping someone can help me here - is the park and ride at the race course available without actually using the car park? I.e. like the shuttle service outside Bton station. I suspect I am being v thick.

Yes you can just walk up and use the ride part without the park part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am a walking guide for a holiday company and gawd knows where the BHF have got their data from. They appear to have mixed up miles for KM/H

Even on flat ground, 2.5 mph or 4km/h is the baseline for good walkers- slower if in on poor terrain/ poor weather conditions/ at night etc.
A strong walker is probably around 3 - 3.5 mph. John Lees may have done better than this in his heyday. Less regular walkers would need 90 mins plus to get out to Falmer, especially with a couple of days@ port and Stilton onboard!

Years ago, in his prime, Botham did a Lands End/ JO'G walk and was averaging 4 mph. No one could keep up with him: he was doing it all day for several weeks! It was amusing watching BBC journalists half running (and failing)to keep up!

The 5 mph for fit "walkers" is absolute tripe - look at how long some amateur marathon runners take to do the 26 miles. Having said that, the top Olympians run about as fast as I can cycle!

Agreed. I know a few people in the marathon/ultra world that habitually walk events…….4mph+ is fast, particularly over the longer distances. Centurion Running allow cut-offs that mean you need to maintain an average of about 3.5mph (including feed station stops etc). Seasoned runners often miss those cutoffs. As I suggested earlier, 5mph is basically a gentle jog (I did around 12 min miles for the last 20m of a marathon once when I got injured and couldn’t run - it was harder than running)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

See post #16

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
[emoji38]ol: which is funny as I was moaning about him on another thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly how it should be though. Praised where deserved, criticism where warranted.

Not some sort of cult where the football club are immune from criticism and can do whatever the **** they like.

All things considering the travel options for Brentford look bloody good.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Dec 29, 2011
Its just a write-off, isn't it.

Who in their right mind come late afternoon on Boxing Day, would wish to embark on the absolute MISSION of getting to the Amex and back for an 8pm ko ? By 4pm I will already have been balls-deep in Amstel and mulled wine, then eyeing up a nice Merlot with a Southern Comfort chaser, a roast beef sandwich, a barrel of Twiglets and some cheesy footballs.

By then I'll be so firmly wedged in my armchair that a pack of wild mustangs and five Shane Duffy's spacked out on steroids would not be able haul me from it. As we gently pass the ball from side to side, my Bailey's will lurch dangerously in my hand as I gently drift off into oblivion, eventually waking up in a pool of dribble at around midnight to clock our inevitable dull 0-1 reverse on SSN.

This is one of the greatest posts I've ever witnessed on North Stand Chat

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Well this is an area I admire the club in. They've been put in an impossible situation imo by stupid sky, and I have sympathy for them.

But it'll be carnage if a lot of fans turn up.

I could not disagree more with this. The club had an opportunity here to make a real statement, to back the fans that they were stating 6 months ago they couldn’t live without. To publicly question the sanity of this KO time. They did **** all. They don’t care.
I’m extremely disappointed with both our chairman and vice-chairman on this issue.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I could not disagree more with this. The club had an opportunity here to make a real statement, to back the fans that they were stating 6 months ago they couldn’t live without. To publicly question the sanity of this KO time. They did **** all. They don’t care.
I’m extremely disappointed with both our chairman and vice-chairman on this issue.
They are stuck contractually. They are all sold out to the TV companies.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
They are stuck contractually. They are all sold out to the TV companies.

I agree but they’ve said **** all. They are allowed to criticise the KO time, the likes of Klopp etc do it all the time. Our club stands back and says nothing.

We seem to hear less and less from Tony Bloom, one outcome of that is when he does speak it is widely reported, so a statement saying we disagree with this KO time but we’re stuck with it would have gone a long way. BUT FECK ALL. THEY DON’T CARE.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I agree but they’ve said **** all. They are allowed to criticise the KO time, the likes of Klopp etc do it all the time. Our club stands back and says nothing.

We seem to hear less and less from Tony Bloom, one outcome of that is when he does speak it is widely reported, so a statement saying we disagree with this KO time but we’re stuck with it would have gone a long way. BUT FECK ALL. THEY DON’T CARE.

AND ....the fact the stadium was built on the basis of transport links means its not accessible on the basis it was built when the transport links fail (personally I think it was always a disaster placing all the eggs in one basket banning cars parked anywhere nearby and being so reliant on a tiny railway stn but thats another story). The PL shouldve stepped in here seen sense and n way should Brighton ever have a Boxing Day home match ever. not unless Boxing Day becomes at the very least Sunday service on the railway. Yes the club will say they've done all they can with these additional park and rides but honestly I do not believe if over 30k turned up hey can be accommodated in all these park and rides, but the club are banking on less turning up after all they have done surveys on how fans arrive at stadiums and will now the demographics of fans. That all said we have Crawley up the road their match at Stevenage is off already and I expect the game at the Amex will go the same way, Covid doesn't miss the PL just because the TV companies want to make money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here