Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not sure if this is fixtures but.....(re falmer)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But maybe perhaps septicman is alluding that these residents are too thick to get together and fight it and so they needed the inteliigent and articulate people like him to organise them and speak for them?
Careful. Septicman is a master of the English language, and 'alluding' is not a word according to him.

Just though I'd mark your card. :thumbsup:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Careful. Septicman is a master of the English language, and 'alluding' is not a word according to him.

Just though I'd mark your card. :thumbsup:

you're right> I actually answered on here his claims about the money spent by B&H council v LDC. He ignored it and still quoted rubbish on the argus message board. It must have contained a spelling mistake that invalidated it :ohmy:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Talking of which - did we actually get to the bottom of how much BHCC has spent on this?

The point is, whatever the Council has spent, they will see it back fairly rapidly. The irony is, the money Lewes District Council has spent - they will see theirs back pretty quickly as well. I wonder if Falmer Parish Council will finally see the light and realise there's a few quid in this for their parishoners as well.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Septic has long spoken for the silent majority which he defines as everybody who didn't vote for falmer in the referendum.

I feel somewhat sorry for him in that this silent majority have still not rallied in support of him but then, I suppose, they would no longer be silent.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Septic has long spoken for the silent majority which he defines as everybody who didn't vote for falmer in the referendum.

I feel somewhat sorry for him in that this silent majority have still not rallied in support of him but then, I suppose, they would no longer be silent.

Imaginary friends generally can't talk.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Talking of which - did we actually get to the bottom of how much BHCC has spent on this?

The point is, whatever the Council has spent, they will see it back fairly rapidly. The irony is, the money Lewes District Council has spent - they will see theirs back pretty quickly as well. I wonder if Falmer Parish Council will finally see the light and realise there's a few quid in this for their parishoners as well.

Easy 10 and I are on the case. Should hear in early September.

antifalmer

Apr 8, 2006
Easy 10 and I are on the case. Should hear in early September.

I've known the costs for over a year, as I have had them in writing from the council.

When the stadium is built, it will be interesting to see the unemployment figures in East Brighton. Numbers never lie. As long as they are represented honestly....

BTW, some of the most deprived areas in the country are in areas surrounding some of our most successful clubs.... Salford, Anfield etc. Also, if the benefits are so enormous, why aren't the Withdean residents pleading with you to stay.....

I'm not alluding to anything BTW, and at least I know the difference between allusion, illusion and delusion.

Given the apparent support for the club, the attendance today was virtually the lowest in the division. Where were the other 55,000 who voted for a stadium? Or the other 35,000 who voted for Falmer? It just demonstrates what a pile of poo the "referendum" was. The real vote is cash at the turnstile.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I've known the costs for over a year, as I have had them in writing from the council..............

.................at least I know the difference between allusion, illusion and delusion.

Indeed we all do:

You are alluding to having information that you fail to publish when challenged and claim is already in the public domain

This is an illusion to make people think you know what you are talking about.

However, previous evidence (failing to correctly state who commissioned the regeneration reasearch for example) proves you are deluding yourself.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Given the apparent support for the club, the attendance today was virtually the lowest in the division. Where were the other 55,000 who voted for a stadium? Or the other 35,000 who voted for Falmer? It just demonstrates what a pile of poo the "referendum" was. The real vote is cash at the turnstile.

well on the basis that everybody uses the toilet then the poohaven works should sail through!

What complete - and utter - twaddle you come up with. If anything this demonstrates the need for the stadium more than anything. Poor facilities+ poor weather + incongrously high prices due to excessive costs and no ability to generate extra income + selling players to cover this deficit + failing to attract good players to the poor facilities = poor attendance.

The majority of which is resolved by the new stadium.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Which is why we need a stadium to give us a chance to attract the fans back!

The referendum was a 'pile of poo' (classy)? The current levels of attendance does nothing to suggest that at all. If anything it shows that there are a great deal of people that recognise how important a stadium is for the club and how important the club is for the city and surrounding areas. A concept that you and your fellow lackies seem to have difficulty understanding.

Build it and they will come.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
ie:- 'the stadium will create jobs for the local area'

do the people in the 'local area' actually want to work there?!
Most (but definately not all) of people in Brighton's deprived areas, won't want to work there.
Most of the lazy fuckers don't want to work anywhere, and why should they all the time us hard-working tax payers, pay for them to sit around on their fat arses all day.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
When the stadium is built, it will be interesting to see the unemployment figures in East Brighton. Numbers never lie. As long as they are represented honestly....

Represented honestly. That's a classic line, coming from someone with a user name of anti falmer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Most (but definately not all) of people in Brighton's deprived areas, won't want to work there.
Most of the lazy fuckers don't want to work anywhere, and why should they all the time us hard-working tax payers, pay for them to sit around on their fat arses all day.

I have two colleagues who are at the same grade as me in the Crown Prosecution Service. They both live in Moulsecoomb.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have two colleagues who are at the same grade as me in the Crown Prosecution Service. They both live in Moulsecoomb.

I was brought up in Moulsecoomb: I've been gainfully employed since leaving university as has my sister. There are thousands of people in East Brighton who work: what lazy stereotyping.

... and it would be missing the point if people judged the success of the Falmer project merely by counting the number of people who take up jobs on the site.

What about the training and education benefits that the project will deliver?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here