Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not shaking hands before the game - is this ungentlemanly conduct?

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Suarez refuses evra - is this ungentlemanly conduct and punishable by a booking? I ask purely because I was wondering when the referees powers start and finish. There has been multiple instances of bookings and red cards after the final whistle, but can one be handed out before?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Suarez refuses evra - is this ungentlemanly conduct and punishable by a booking? I ask purely because I was wondering when the referees powers start and finish. There has been multiple instances of bookings and red cards after the final whistle, but can one be handed out before?

The whole pre-match handshake thing is a sham and should be scrubbed. As it undoubtedly will be next season. Pointless trying to enforce making lowlife trash behave like decent human beings. IMHO, like.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Shake hands at the end of a game not at the start , saying that , Suarez was rather petulant not to have shaken Evra's hand , just gives the media just more shit to stir

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
instead of shaking hands, expect Noone to kiss Gerrard's boots next week....another reason to ban this charade

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

The referee's "authority" begins from the moment he reaches the ground, and ends when he leaves the ground. That's according to the Laws of the Game, but obviously it's not logical or practical to book a player before KO, or you'll just inflame an otherwise tense situation. Similarly, he could have sent off the players outside the dressing rooms during the brawl at half-time, but again, it's common sense to not do so.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes it is and he should be banned from every game untill he takes his head out of his areae and stops listening to that f+++ing jock manager.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Meanwhile those sooooo upset about the handshake, why didnt Evra get a booking for jumping up and down celebrating in front of Suarez

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I used to do a bit of bare knuckle fighting and whenever anyone was hit to the ground it was tradition to help them back up and continue the fight after a suitable get your breath back break.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
What was Ferdinand's problem? The other two had "issues" but his action was obviously a racist act as is looked to be in support of another coloured player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shaking hands before the game is wank

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Stick them both on the naughty step!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Meanwhile those sooooo upset about the handshake, why didnt Evra get a booking for jumping up and down celebrating in front of Suarez

Absolutely correct.

And Fergie should know better than make the ridiculous comments he gave at the end of the match. He would go mental at an opposing manager who said anything like that about his players.

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here