Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not looking good 4 southend

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
they are in freefall, and do not have barnard scoring 90th min penalties anymore, theyre going down, probably with us though

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
hopefully they will but we would still be in the current relegaton zone so there would still be a lot of work to do

Mr Apples

Jack Scrumpy
Aug 9, 2007
In The Orchard
Both Southampton and Leeds have been spending heavily since going into Administration

I thought Southampton paid off their debts when the new billionaire chairman took over. Which is why they've been splashing the cash since then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought Southampton paid off their debts when the new billionaire chairman took over. Which is why they've been splashing the cash since then.

The debt will have been a whole lot smaller as the creditors accept they wont get 100% back and settle for a whole lot less.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
fingers crossed Southend go into administration. I'll take anything that improves our chances of staying up

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
fingers crossed Southend go into administration. I'll take anything that improves our chances of staying up

Does it make me a bad person to wish administration on Southend and three other teams?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I reckon they'll go down with or without the points deduction.

Have to agree, one win in ten. Only six points in that time and only one point above the relegation zone. If they go into admin they may end up losing the points next season, so they may strategically go in to admin soon to save themselves next year.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Does it make me a bad person to wish administration on Southend and three other teams?

Look at it from the perspective of if they hadn't overspent and had had to make do with what they could really afford where would they be now ?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Teams who go into admin HAVE CHEATED and deserve everything they get. I am sorry for Southend's fans but I am afraid that there board have cheated and the club gets punished end of.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to agree, one win in ten. Only six points in that time and only one point above the relegation zone. If they go into admin they may end up losing the points next season, so they may strategically go in to admin soon to save themselves next year.

I think the rule is that you get 10pt deduction if you go into admin before the last Thursday in March but if it is after that, the deduction will hit you when it has most effect. This year if it means you get relegated and next year if it wouldn't haved saved you from relegation.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Look at it from the perspective of if they hadn't overspent and had had to make do with what they could really afford where would they be now ?

Too true, it's the fans I ultimately feel for but i'm sure the average fan enjoys the success that comes with their club spending beyond your means.

Southend fans must be in a state of disbelief, one minute there around the play offs with talk of a fancy new ground the next they look like there set for the drop, with no money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here