Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not looking good 4 southend

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
without wishing to be sympathetic a 10 deduction would help us and rules are rules

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Comes back to the same question for me, if they had lived within their means and thus not been able to get the players they have where would they be in the league ? No sympathy from me.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In many respects, I hope they don't get a ten point deduction. I don't want us to be the club that only stayed up because Southend went into administration.

I agree with bhaexpress about living within one's means though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
In many respects, I hope they don't get a ten point deduction. I don't want us to be the club that only stayed up because Southend went into administration.

I agree with bhaexpress about living within one's means though.

That's the point of a 10 point deduction though. In some cases it doesn't really mean a team suffering. Both Southampton and Leeds have been spending heavily since going into Administration and both were going to get relegated anyway. Palace will probably survive as well.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think we are starting to see the correction in football. Clubs that were trading effectively beyond their means will start to be found out more and more regularly. Eventually it will all shake out and we'll be back to a more level playing field (I hope).

bhaexpress is right that Saints and Leeds have done OK since getting out of repaying their debts (in Leeds case) but they are clubs witrh decent fan bases and can trade from that - other clubs won't be so lucky.

Dosser

Feb 22, 2009
Comes back to the same question for me, if they had lived within their means and thus not been able to get the players they have where would they be in the league ? No sympathy from me.

I accept the sentiment, but as a football club we are hardly living within our means right now...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I accept the sentiment, but as a football club we are hardly living within our means right now...

I don't follow, we haven't signed any players who would demand extortionate wages and I think that's down to financial planning rather than from a lack of trying to sign top rated players. Bloom has the clubs best interests at heart and he is a prudent businessman with sound financial advisers and I believe his top priority would be to ensure that BHAFC runs as sound as a business despite the current limited facilities.

I see Falmer as a seperate matter, being an outlay that Bloom is essentially willing to 'write off'.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good lets have a 15 or 20 point penalty.

Anything that helps us stay up is good. Come the end of the season we might need it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Dosser - you are right of course, but the alternative to spending money you don't have is either to spend the money you do have or find the money from somewhere else. In our case that's from a mad keen fan who happens to be loaded. That's our good fortune (and we're due a bit - we've already missed what might be looked back on as the most lucrative years in football).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Our situation with Withdean is somewhat different but I do often wonder what our crowds would be like if we were still at The Goldstone probably about 1,000 more each game maximum.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

In terms of income we may not be, but all the money we have at the Albion comes from the club itself (ie Bloom) not flaky outside sources. I also hasten to add we pay, and have paid (even in our darkest hours) our bills.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Agreed but at the same time we are not shortchanging any of our creditors are we ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here