Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not looking forward to Saturday

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Will all depend on who starts the Official match thread and in what format. Brighton's or Tranmere's current form has no bearing whatsoever on the result unfortunately

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I watched Tranmere v Southampton in Jan and you guys made Southampton look like a pile of cack, I'm not expecting it to be easy on Saturday.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Won 12 drawn 4 lost 0 scored 35 at home so far this season.......

You're underselling our home record. 40 goals scored.

League Record 2010-2011

Pld W D L F A GD GFA GAA PpG Pts Rank
Home Record 16 12 4 0 40 13 27 2.50 0.81 2.50 40 1

(ps seen the other later posts picking up that point).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As a Tranmere fan living in Eastbourne I am not looking forward to Saturday at all, we are extremely poor at the moment and look like a team that may well be playing in league two next season, based upon the way we played against Bristol Rovers last night who could have beaten us 3 nil you could hit 6 or 7 if play anywhere near your best

Wouldn't expect us to have many there, probably 50 or so Southern exiles at best I would have thought
I wouldn't be quite so negative. Whilst I am, as near as makes no difference, 100% convinced we'll get promoted I'm also 100% convinced that we're not going to win every game from now until the end of the season. Your lot might well play with a carefree "Oh what the hell, no one expects us to get anything" attitude and have a right go the way Carlisle did - and we can't go on relying on injury time goals. So Tranmere at home could well be one of those occasions when we drop points.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Would be absolutely delighted with a point, just cannot see it im afraid

Les has said today that the chances are both are central defenders wont play due to injury either so its going to be very tough, on the plus side we may be handing a debut to our next 18yr old prospect Max Power, the man with one of the best names in football

In fairness its not really Les Parrys fault, our playing budget for the year is apparently £1.2m and when you compare it to other teams in the league we are in around where I would expect us to be, after we played Plymouth it was revealed one of there players ( I believe it was Fallon ) was on more than our entire playing budget, crazy!

Good luck for the season, I hope you go up and im sure you will, could well go all the way up to the Premiership as well, it wouldnt surprise me

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We were all over them in the first half up there - and could have been three up. Then second half they stopped admiring our passing and made it a more physical challenge and we were pleased to get a point. They will be at us from the start. How long can they can keep it up for is the question.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Would be absolutely delighted with a point, just cannot see it im afraid

Les has said today that the chances are both are central defenders wont play due to injury either so its going to be very tough, on the plus side we may be handing a debut to our next 18yr old prospect Max Power, the man with one of the best names in football
And his name can be said by anyone.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Tranmere and Walsall's results against SCC show that any team can be beaten by any team in this league. However I think our home advantage makes a big difference plus last weekend's result shows just how determined we are to win every game no matter who it is. A 2-0 to us I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here