not going to forest now

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why not allow the lorries to be able to do up to 65mph but make strict laws which are enforceable by the reading of tachos that they can only use it for overtaking 1 slower moving vehicle and that their maximum normal travelling speed be kept at the same 56mph.

With modern technology and digital cameras the entire length of the motorways can be recorded, as they are now but the money brought in by fines would pay for enforcement officers to sit watching cameras 24 hours a day.

Another point I have always maintained is foregin lorries, cars etc issue them with fines as per our vehicles and link them to the computers at every exit point from Britain, ports, channel tunnel etc and then impound them until the fine is paid. Every lorry or car leaving this country has to pass through customs.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If I did turn tricks Arthur, and you were a punter, NO NO I wouldn't .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can't have it both ways, do you want them speeding or struggling to overtake each other? It's not the drivers fault that the regulations are crazy.

It is the drivers fault that they are doing 55 or 56mph and then try to iovertake a vehicle doing the same speed when they know that their vehicle isnt fast enough to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here