Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not going to forest now

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
i was going to the forest game tomorrow, hotel booked for tonight.... however the sunday paper tells me the roads to avoid tomorrow night are the M1 and the M25, and now its snowing....am i being pathetic??? does the thought of tomorrow nights journey and the snow today put off anyone else.... my husband is not best pleased.....:blush:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yes, yes you are.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The motorways are perfectly fine in snow. They are always kept gritted. The roadworks are no worse than at any other time.
You'll be fine. Don't miss the match.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
What about the trains? are they going to be OK?

I have my train tickets to Nottingham but am unsure what time to leave, what trains are everyone else using?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What about the trains? are they going to be OK?

I have my train tickets to Nottingham but am unsure what time to leave, what trains are everyone else using?

Probably best if you PM Tubby Mondays and check with him :thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Before anyone says anything, from 93 to 02 I had to work in Bradford due to relocation from Leeds. Bradford council never gritted their roads. I got used to driving in icy and snow bound conditions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was 5 years ago and down to poor driving. I've lived up north where it snows far more regularly than down here. Drive safely, keep going and you won't get stuck.

Irrespective of how you are driving there will always be some arsewhole, usually in a Sprinter or lorry trying to show that they can drive right up your arse at speed.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Before anyone says anything, from 93 to 02 I had to work in Bradford due to relocation from Leeds. Bradford council never gritted their roads. I got used to driving in icy and snow bound conditions.

Wasn't that TV programme Band Of Gold set in Bradford around that time?

Is there something you're not telling us Yorkie?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Irrespective of how you are driving there will always be some arsewhole, usually in a Sprinter or lorry trying to show that they can drive right up your arse at speed.

Per mile of driving, lorries are much safer than cars, and have speed limiters. If they are up your bumper then you are driving dangerously slowly.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The papers always overhype things like that, proving why they are full of crap these days.

A few weeks ago, the "Standard" claimed, DONT GO TO WORK ON MONDAY..

Turned out there was nothing to write home about.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Per mile of driving, lorries are much safer than cars, and have speed limiters. If they are up your bumper then you are driving dangerously slowly.

Interesting theory but flawed in practice.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wasn't that TV programme Band Of Gold set in Bradford around that time?

Is there something you're not telling us Yorkie?

What would you like to know Arthur? :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Try telling that to the lorriesd that drive side by side for 10 miles down the M26 because neither of them has the power to pass the other as they are both limited to 56mph, granted the vast majority are either foreign lorries or lorries going over the water on that stretch of road but it is the same on every motorway.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Try telling that to the lorriesd that drive side by side for 10 miles down the M26 because neither of them has the power to pass the other as they are both limited to 56mph, granted the vast majority are either foreign lorries or lorries going over the water on that stretch of road but it is the same on every motorway.

You can't have it both ways, do you want them speeding or struggling to overtake each other? It's not the drivers fault that the regulations are crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here