May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ewe? No we played the rams!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
so there ewe have it a coach parked within the LDC enough reason four them to have an interest in the matter, which even that :dunce: perry should bee able two sea

Illiterate fool.

Oct 5, 2003
wots up kunt ewe spell its... ill lit her up foul

anyway im knot a fan of the lap dog

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
I am not the greatest admirer of Martin Perry, as many will have worked out, but I must take my hat off to him tonight after the way he slated Lewes Council on the Harty Phone In. Well done Martin keep it going.

The only reason you are not an admirer of Martin Perry is because you and your cronies failed to take your opportunity to spunk the club up the wall - sorry, I mean take it over, you Archer apologist.

While I agree that he was in sparkling form, for me HE ALWAYS HAS BEEN. So these sentiments coming from you sound very shallow indeed. You are still a bitter man. (YOUR phrase, not mine.)

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Any chance those of you who heard the phone in can give those of us who can't the gist of what was said please.

Grizz

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Tremendous rant from Perry. Well done that man and shame on LDC.

I spent part of the weekend reading some of the inquiry evidence from LDC that was on Penguin's thread. It made for fairly depressing reading in parts, but contains numerous factual inacuracies and in chunks is just down to a matter of opinion. It also seems fairly clear that Collyer in his original report really had it in for us.
I have to say I'm not optimistic after reading it, but perhaps reviewing the other side of the coin again will cheer me up.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ok for the 3rd time in this thread...can someone please give a brief account of what he ranted about for those of us who did not hear it!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It was along the lines of he can't understand what they are doing as it has nothing to do with them, and they are deliberatly trying to kill the club.

Words to that effect.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aahh, thought it might've been the crappy Lawyer who wants a couple of days off to play Golf during the Inquiry!

Thanks 80s

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Not a Martin Perry fan

The Large One said:
The only reason you are not an admirer of Martin Perry is because you and your cronies failed to take your opportunity to spunk the club up the wall - sorry, I mean take it over, you Archer apologist.

While I agree that he was in sparkling form, for me HE ALWAYS HAS BEEN. So these sentiments coming from you sound very shallow indeed. You are still a bitter man. (YOUR phrase, not mine.)

I am gracious enough to accept and congratulate a man when he has done the correct thing and done it well that doesnt mean that I have to lick up to his arse every 5 minutes like many do; and if the cap should be big enough to fit your inflated head and ego please be my guest and wear it.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Large One I think you a bit out of order with your attack on Ben's Grandad, he may be a lot of things, one of them being a passionate Albion fan for nearly half a century, but an Archer Apologist, you are a bit wide of the mark.

D

Deleted User X18H

CrabtreeBHA said:
ok for the 3rd time in this thread...can someone please give a brief account of what he ranted about for those of us who did not hear it!
So you don't go to Withdean or Listen to SCR...............wow you are a big Albion fan.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hove born&bred said:
So you don't go to Withdean or Listen to SCR...............wow you are a big Albion fan.

damn straight, BHA suck, Cowdenbeath all the way baby :clap:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I read the LDC comparative costings. They were wild guesses with the purpose of creating doubts about the viability of Falmer compared to other sites.

It was mentioned that Toad's Hole was £7 million cheaper. However, the cost of the roads were completely ignored. This would likely to be more than £7 million. The cost of the land purchase was also omitted.

These extra costs apply to all sites especially Waterhall and Sheepcote.

Single carriageway roads are at least £2 miilion a kilometre and complicated junctions cost lots of dosh as well. Falmer ain't cheap with the footbridges and road improvements, but all other sites are likely to cost more.

It must admit in all walks of life, when opponents cheat, it gets up my goat. It would be enough to make me :angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Harty said:
Large One I think you a bit out of order with your attack on Ben's Grandad, he may be a lot of things, one of them being a passionate Albion fan for nearly half a century, but an Archer Apologist, you are a bit wide of the mark.
Not at all. I have absolutely no doubt about BG's passion for the club.

However, he has said, on this board, more than once, that if Archer and Stanley were still at the club, we would have had our new stadium by now. He has also said that he is still bitter about Dick Knight being chairman.

BG: It's a bit rich coming from you talking about inflated egos when you still harbour a grudge against Dick Knight for taking control of the club instead of your 'consortium'.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
Not at all. I have absolutely no doubt about BG's passion for the club.

However, he has said, on this board, more than once, that if Archer and Stanley were still at the club, we would have had our new stadium by now. He has also said that he is still bitter about Dick Knight being chairman.

At least you agree that I am a dyed in the wood Seagulls fan, that is an improvement.

If you wish to quote me please feel free to do so but do it accurately.

What I have said is that I belive that if Archer and Stanley OR SOMEBODY OF SIMILAR WEALTH was at the club we would have a stadium by now. I belive that I have on many occassions quoted examples of how the money of Tesco has overridden planning objections etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I have NEVER doubted your passion for the club.

As has been made crystal clear by those people who understand planning procedures, excessive or even abundant wealth is NOT a guarantee of securing planning permission. And Bellotti was actually a hindrance in getting planning permission.

The example of Tesco - which may or may not be true - is mis-leading because the requirements for supermarkets and football stadia are different.

Throwing money at councillors was never going to be worthwhile because, as has actually happened, the City Council overwhelmingly approved the plan, but it was called in for a Public Inquiry. No amount of money (are you suggesting this in the form of backhanders?) was ever going to stop that scenario being played out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
BensGrandad said:
At least you agree that I am a dyed in the wood Seagulls fan, that is an improvement.

If you wish to quote me please feel free to do so but do it accurately.

What I have said is that I belive that if Archer and Stanley OR SOMEBODY OF SIMILAR WEALTH was at the club we would have a stadium by now. I belive that I have on many occassions quoted examples of how the money of Tesco has overridden planning objections etc.

I agree BG, if only we could find two men worth £800million between them with a passion for a nondescript football club on the South coast then I am sure we might be further down the path.

Dick Knight and his cronies has only put in a paltry £7m into the club with no return and this is clearly not enough.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Archer had his chance and he bolloxed it up for everybody. He is history now.

He can have no excuses. He had the money. He could have bought AONB Toad's Hole. He didn't so he cocked it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here