Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rubbish.

I tell you what, we all know what the locals are a mixture of; Norwich & Norwich. We’ve all seen the boss-eyed, big eared boys lined up at the train station grinning inanely at us when we arrive. They really don’t like outsiders, they like to stick to their own.

Yes an incestuous lot.

Not surprising really as Norwich is out on a limb geographically and at the end of the road as it were. No one passes through Norwich, and as pleasant as the city maybe, they only get so many visitors. Hence they put the barriers up and stick to their own kind.

None of the above is meant in a nasty way, it's just the impression l get from the place on my odd foray up there.

mrthewebs

Sep 10, 2020
The coach and horses is the "away fans pub" which is a 3 min walk from the station -- the lloyds weatherspoons pub on riverside is home fans mostly and would avoid it at all costs

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes an incestuous lot.

Not surprising really as Norwich is out on a limb geographically and at the end of the road as it were. No one passes through Norwich, and as pleasant as the city maybe, they only get so many visitors. Hence they put the barriers up and stick to their own kind.

None of the above is meant in a nasty way, it's just the impression l get from the place on my odd foray up there.

Well, it’s a bit of a strange impression. I think the post to which you were replying was a little bit tongue in cheek. Brighton is also ‘at the end of the road,’ unless you fancy a swim ! My view is that Norwich is more a town than a city and should be judged accordingly. Nothing like the nightlife or restaurant choice you have in Brighton but quite possibly a better selection of beautiful Victorian pubs. The people are the same as anywhere else.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Norfolk is an odd place. Nobody is passing through. You’re either going there or you’re not. It’s not on the way to anywhere. Not many new folk coming into the gene pool if you get my meaning.

Norfolk is an odd place. Nobody is passing through. You’re either going there or you’re not. It’s not on the way to anywhere. Not many new folk coming into the gene pool if you get my meaning.

Yup, and everybody in Brighton is gay. See, it is easy to chuck out lazy stereotypes of the kind we don't like having put at ourselves. Norfolk is a great place to live. Best move I made. Cleaner, quieter, safer. Great pubs doing great food all around the county and in Norwich itself.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yup, and everybody in Brighton is gay. See, it is easy to chuck out lazy stereotypes of the kind we don't like having put at ourselves. Norfolk is a great place to live. Best move I made. Cleaner, quieter, safer. Great pubs doing great food all around the county and in Norwich itself.

Ar, yew cud be rit thur bey.

Flat, featureless and backwards. If I was into that I'd have stayed with the ex. Not for me, Clive.

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk
Norfolk is a great place to live. I've lived in many parts of the country, and Norfolk is by far the best place I have lived, Norwich is a 'fine' city, with loads of pubs, restaurants and night life. those of you who are coming up will find out!!!!

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

Hmmm...if you'd written that in 1950 I might have agreed to a certain extent, but Norwich nowadays is reasonably cosmopolitan, and there has been a lot of inward migration to the city and nicer villages. And as for the north Norfolk cost it is full of affluent London second homers.

I've always found their fans alright, and I like the way that the whole county get behind the team and stick with it through thick and thin.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hmmm...if you'd written that in 1950 I might have agreed to a certain extent, but Norwich nowadays is reasonably cosmopolitan, and there has been a lot of inward migration to the city and nicer villages. And as for the north Norfolk cost it is full of affluent London second homers.

I've always found their fans alright, and I like the way that the whole county get behind the team and stick with it through thick and thin.

I do like Norwich fans. Good bunch

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In the interest of balance, Kings Lynn is a bloody weird place.

Steeped in history. And an odd town centre :)

I do jest though. I think Norfolk a stunningly picturesque county with amazing sunsets and I love the broads. Waterways are quite nice too ;-)

And as you say, plenty to do in the towns. Forgive my silly comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here