Norwich interested in CMS (merged)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Canaries eye Mackail-Smith

Canaries eye Mackail-Smith

tt_image_590318.jpg

Norwich City manager Chris Hughton has reportedly tabled a bid for Brighton & Hove Albion striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

The Scotland international was linked with a move to the Seagulls' Championship rivals Leeds earlier this summer but has now attracted interest from the tier above.

Hughton is looking to bolster his attacking options before the transfer window closes on Friday and has identified Mackail-Smith as a target.

Brighton are thought to be willing to offload the 28-year-old despite paying a club record £2.5million to sign him from Peterborough last summer.

It is thought Norwich tried to capture the frontman while he was with the Posh but missed out to the south coast side.

Should he make the move to Carrow Road it would mark his first taste of Premier League football, having previously stated his desire to play in the top-flight.

Mackail-Smith scored 10 goals for the Seagulls last season and has started the current campaign brightly, netting a brace in last weekend's 5-1 demolition of Barnsley.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
************* i'm going to challenge every poster on nsc to make this post the last post on this thread - ie dont reply and let it slip off the main board... Can we do this?!??! **************
If we ignore it it isn't real!

Team CMS 2012 :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As Gus said with Noone. If the bid is right, the move is right and the player wants to go then this will happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunno why ANYONE is getting annoyed. We will ONLY SELL AT THE RIGHT PRICE AND IF WE CAN GET A REPLACEMENT.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If they do a swap deal for jackson or morrison i will be f***ed off, would much rather of sold him to leeds and got McCormack.

I dont want any of our players to go to those ***** in yellow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gus sounds very positive in today's Argus.

With CMS, Noone, Vincelot & Sparrow all off, I'm sure plenty of class will be added by tomorow night.

Ah shit - Didn't realise he was definately going :(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dunno why ANYONE is getting annoyed. We will ONLY SELL AT THE RIGHT PRICE AND IF WE CAN GET A REPLACEMENT.
Everyone seems blind to the obvious.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I can assure you Norwich will not bid anywhere near 5million

Then i don't see him going. Why on earth would we sell him for anything less than that. Unless Gus thinks he is not the player we need, then it makes me think he has no clue what he is actually doing. If we paid £2.5 mil for the lad surely we should be looking to get double to move him on considering his importance to our club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here