Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich fans tell Billy Gilmour to f*** off back to Chelsea, how about BHA step in?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He's not going to significantly improve our midfield so won't be starting. There is no point loaning him to sit on the bench in place of someone like Richards and hinder the development of one of our own prospects.

Imagine having a midfielder with the zip and pace of the players we already have at our disposal ie Lamptey and Cuccurella. Could probably kick that stupid plodding meaningless possession-based nonsense RIGHT into touch :wave:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who did they spend £60m on

Milot Rashica - £9.9m (Werder Bremen); Angus Gunn - £5.27m (Southampton); Ben Gibson - £8.37m (Burnely); Dimitris Giannoulis - £6.75m (PAOK) Pierre Lees-Melou - £5.4m (Nice); Josh Sargent - £8.55m (Werder Bremen); Christos Tzolis - £9.9m (PAOK)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How would he improve what we already have?

Good question! To be fair to the lad though, it's difficult to shine in a team that's quite out of its depth in the league they're in.

athias Normann doesn't seem to be featuring much lately - is he injured, or does the new manager just not fancy him? Or is Gilmour actually better than the former Brighton player we decided to move on?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Norwich are paying the penalty for not investing enough in the squad last summer, their squad is full of Championship quality footballers.

Admittedly only through now watching MotD regularly, which isn't the same as going to games, but from all I've seen of Norwich this season, they seem woefully short on quality throughout the team.

There's times they manage to win the ball and then just have no clue whatsoever what to do with it. Beyond a hopeful ball up to an ageing Pukki, they appear to have no options going forward, or in other areas even. Take that Sargent for example. We were poor against them, yet managed a draw because Sargent in particular couldn't hit a barn door. I always thought Cantwell was one of their best players, but he rarely seems to play these days. Every game just seems like excellent practice for poor old Krull.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Milot Rashica - £9.9m (Werder Bremen); Angus Gunn - £5.27m (Southampton); Ben Gibson - £8.37m (Burnely); Dimitris Giannoulis - £6.75m (PAOK) Pierre Lees-Melou - £5.4m (Nice); Josh Sargent - £8.55m (Werder Bremen); Christos Tzolis - £9.9m (PAOK)
Not a lot to get excited about in that lot. Seven new players (plus Gilmour and Normann) is a lot to integrate into a team!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a lot to get excited about in that lot. Seven new players (plus Gilmour and Normann) is a lot to integrate into a team!

Sure - but they did invest. And you have to admire a Premier League club that can turn a small profit / break even every year. I keep saying this but it does make me sad thinking where we have come from, that we are normalising £30M-£60M losses every year under Tony

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Whilst its easy to agree with comments about not another midfielder haven't we enough etc., I suggest a short term loan may not be a bad idea as clubs now need bigger squads to handle te effects of covid.

Against Brentford four central midfielders (Lallana, Moder, MacAllister, Mwepu) started the game, four (Alzate, Gross, Richards, Leonard) were on the bench and another one (Bissouma) was suspended.

The club does not need another central midfielder.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Will always be easier for thickos to lay the blame at the door of a loan player rather than at the door of an investment-dodging board. Cupid stunts deserve each other

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a lovely set of fans Naarwich are.

Online hatred towards Crystal Palace's black players yesterday by a 'supporter'. I hope he goes down along with his shithouse of a team.

We don't want racist, weird, sister shagging fans in the Premier League. They're a yo-yoing basket case of a club.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Those are the sort of prices we’ve been paying for the likes of Caicedo, Sima, Zeqiri, Scherpen, Karbownik. Either we’re over paying for young players or it shows exactly why Norwich are bottom of the league.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Those are the sort of prices we’ve been paying for the likes of Caicedo, Sima, Zeqiri, Scherpen, Karbownik. Either we’re over paying for young players or it shows exactly why Norwich are bottom of the league.

None of which have appeared for us in the PL this season. Point proven :D

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Young Gilmour may be a good prospect, but we do not need him. We have better out on loan and also playing in our youth teams.
We've come a long way in the last five years

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but unlike the likes of Norwich, Palace & Southampton, we’re not in the business of developing Chelsea players by giving them EPL minutes.

We prefer to steal their top prospects (Lamptey) and give minutes to OUR OWN fantastic young players like Richards, Mwepu, Moder, Mac Allister and Alzate who have all been capped by much superior international sides than ****ing Scotland. A central midfielder is the very last position we need cover for.

So you're saying there's a chance?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Online hatred towards Crystal Palace's black players yesterday by a 'supporter'. I hope he goes down along with his shithouse of a team.

We don't want racist, weird, sister shagging fans in the Premier League. They're a yo-yoing basket case of a club.

He says without any hint of irony…

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Hey hang on l don't think that Norwich are a particularly "shithouse" team as you put it, and l don't believe that their fans are any more racist than many others. After all, all clubs have a racist element amongst their support, like it or not.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but unlike the likes of Norwich, Palace & Southampton, we’re not in the business of developing Chelsea players by giving them EPL minutes.

We prefer to steal their top prospects (Lamptey) and give minutes to OUR OWN fantastic young players like Richards, Mwepu, Moder, Mac Allister and Alzate who have all been capped by much superior international sides than ****ing Scotland. A central midfielder is the very last position we need cover for.

If your mention of Southampton there is about Livramento, they actually signed him on a permanent deal after he did not agree terms with Chelsea, much as we did with Lamptey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here