Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Fan in peace!!

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
with the wages we pay, the manager we have, the crowds we have, and our league position, we're in a postion to attract decent players altho we're not loaded.

the area has been a problem to attract players in the past as it's so out the way, but generally when players move to norwich they love it and often settle there at the end of their career

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I agree with this Brighton/Norwich comparison - Norwich have achieved a great deal more as a club, and the divergence has been exaggerated during the past 20 years, but there is enough similarity to justify the comparison and the use of Norwich as a yardstick and predictor....

My impression is that Norwich crowds have been remarkably consistent around the 20-25,000 number for a few years now and that this is based on a high proportion of season tickets (and so relatively inelastic with regard to fluctuating onfield performances/results).

You've gone way too clever for me pal.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I have always respected Norwich. Whenever I have been there to watch us (usually get soundly beaten), I have always been impressed by their crowds and their passion. A good club who I would love to emulate over the next few seasons.

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
Just a quick question during this lovefest. I've nothing against Norwich apart from driving my 2 kids there and then the meter ran out with the floodlights, but to you honestly feel you can entice our players now ??

I doubt I can entice your players but our current set up is very, very well organised and productive. Our chairmen means business as does our Chief Exec (really is a ruthless sod) and our manager is ambitious and a very good man-manager.

I don't know enough about Brighton as a place or club to comment on your own facilities, but everything about our club is Premier League standard (except the playing staff in recent years!!!) Our ground, training complex, the city is a wonderful place to live too but your right, if I was a Brighton player, I would wait at least until the summer. You could be a championship club with a 20k+ seater stadium and fans that adore you!

Or you could join Norwich, possibly fail to get promoted and inevitably lose your manager to a bigger club and be in no better a situation than your previous club... Tough decisions ahead...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Lambert must have a love of all things BHA. Not only is Crofts our player of the year, but Russell Martin is a product of the Albion youth team.
Lambert out I say!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here