Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Fan in peace!!

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
Firstly, I'm not one for normally going on other teams forums but just had a feeling some of my fellow Norwich fans may come to wind people up (attempt to at least)...

Just wanted to say that I doubt we could afford Bennett as a club in your position does not want to sell unless you simply could not refuse the offer (and we don't have those funds, unless I have missed something...)

I have seen quite a few Brighton games on tv and highlights and you are a fantastic team, Gus has you playing football which really is good to watch at League 1 level (as we found out last year)

Your new stadium looks great by the way! Enjoy the move and best of luck with the season... I doubt our club would intentionally unsettle a player and thats why the first official statement came from your (strong back-boned) chairman. We know the feeling and I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Maybe see you in a couple of years when you join us in the Premiership? :lolol:

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
I like this poster, can we keep him?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Maybe see you in a couple of years when you join us in the Premiership? :lolol:

Nice post Norwich. I'm always impressed by the crowds Norwich attract to Carrow Road. Anything to do with the catering? Seriously though, been following Grant Holt's progress this year. He looks very impressive.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Norwich Internet fans seem a decent bunch compared to some that come on here.

Nothing against Norwich really, decent club

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
In terms of catchment area, fanbase and potential I have always thought of us as being on a similar level. Now we are on the verge of reaching our full potential again, and we'll see you soon. And we promise not to forget to pay the leccy bill when you come to Falmer. 'Mr Carrow is in the ground'. BAH! Thank heavens for the Billy Bluelight pub!

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
We attract good crowds because we are the only league club within a hell of a distance! Food in the several restaurants at the ground is brilliant but just the kiosk, about as crap as any other club! I now don't buy any of it... over priced leftovers really!

Your right, Grant Holt is looking very good, I think what our manager has done with the resources available is unbelievable. We have several players from lower leagues who have been looked after and asked to do a job and they have done it very well indeed! Our midfielder Fox (ex Colchester) is in my opinion one of the best passers of a ball in our league, he is excellent!

In my opinion all we need is a pacey winger who can cross the ball and a 30 goal a season striker (wouldn't most clubs love that last one! We had 3 goal scorers last year but it is more difficult in this league and without money, you won't find what you want!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Peace off....you're not having him.

:)

How much do you want for Holt? :wink:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
We attract good crowds because we are the only league club within a hell of a distance!

Very similar to Brighton, really. As the only league club in Sussex though Crawley are looking good for promotion from BSP. Don't think that'll affect our gates though.

Is the food pricey in the restaurants?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We attract good crowds because we are the only league club within a hell of a distance!
I agree with this Brighton/Norwich comparison - Norwich have achieved a great deal more as a club, and the divergence has been exaggerated during the past 20 years, but there is enough similarity to justify the comparison and the use of Norwich as a yardstick and predictor....

My impression is that Norwich crowds have been remarkably consistent around the 20-25,000 number for a few years now and that this is based on a high proportion of season tickets (and so relatively inelastic with regard to fluctuating onfield performances/results).

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
The cheapest restaurant is (as far as I am aware) Norwich fans only. Although we do sell seats with a meal which as far as I'm concerned are a good price. Great food as well!

Holt was apparently wanted by some Premiership clubs (Bolton?? Wigan, West Ham and someone else...) and ridiculous amounts of money were talked about. From £2.5m up to £4m... I love Holty but £4m??? I would literally have bitten their arm off! I love our club but we do have some very fickle fans indeed... As I'm sure most clubs do but I think we have more than any others. We had someone post recently that we were almost certainly going to be in the premier league next year! IN F***ING JANUARY! Madness...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My impression is that Norwich crowds have been remarkably consistent around the 20-25,000 number for a few years now
"remarkably consistent" doesn't quite do it justice...

2009–10: 24,755 (Football League One)
2008–09: 24,542 (Football League Championship)
2007–08: 24,527 (Football League Championship)
2006–07: 24,544 (Football League Championship)
2005–06: 24,833 (Football League Championship)
2004–05: 24,350 (Premier League)

Can we look forward to similar stats around the 20,500 mark over the next few years...?

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
The cheapest restaurant is (as far as I am aware) Norwich fans only. Although we do sell seats with a meal which as far as I'm concerned are a good price. Great food as well!

Holt was apparently wanted by some Premiership clubs (Bolton?? Wigan, West Ham and someone else...) and ridiculous amounts of money were talked about. From £2.5m up to £4m... I love Holty but £4m??? I would literally have bitten their arm off! I love our club but we do have some very fickle fans indeed... As I'm sure most clubs do but I think we have more than any others. We had someone post recently that we were almost certainly going to be in the premier league next year! IN F***ING JANUARY! Madness...

that would be tongue in cheek

Lush

Mods' Pet
Holt was apparently wanted by some Premiership clubs (Bolton?? Wigan, West Ham and someone else...) and ridiculous amounts of money were talked about. From £2.5m up to £4m... I love Holty but £4m??? I would literally have bitten their arm off!

As I mentioned on the Chunky Footballers thread. Grant Holt is a big fat-arsed bloody nuisance, but I wish he was our big fat-arsed bloody nuisance. :(

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I don't want holt !!!
there's something well dodgy about his moustache! He looks well iffy !
I can imagine him after a game on a Saturday night alone down Norfolk square in a black mac flashing at passers by while the rest of the team celebrate together ,
Surely there's similar strikers out there tash free ?

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
I have to admit, our stadium support is something I for one am extremely proud of! We may not be the loudest etc.. as we only have a stand and a half that sing (my stand being the main one near the away fans), but we sell out most games and if we are down by 1 goal, you can be sure the fans will make the effort to spur the players on, it is a special place to be!

I'm 21 in April and this is my 11th season ticket. Simply cannot beat a matchday watching the team you love can you?

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
Moggy - lol the tash was for charity and it was shaved off after we beat the scum 4-1 live on tele! lol... The whole team had them and had been growing them for the tv match. By the time he did his post match interview, it was gone! They raised thousands! (P.S. - He really isn't fat anymore lol I don't get why people think he is, he was a big lad when he joined us but Lambert shoved him on a ridiculous fitness goal and he is really not fat lol)

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
We attract good crowds because we are the only league club within a hell of a distance! Food in the several restaurants at the ground is brilliant but just the kiosk, about as crap as any other club! I now don't buy any of it... over priced leftovers really!

Your right, Grant Holt is looking very good, I think what our manager has done with the resources available is unbelievable. We have several players from lower leagues who have been looked after and asked to do a job and they have done it very well indeed! Our midfielder Fox (ex Colchester) is in my opinion one of the best passers of a ball in our league, he is excellent!

In my opinion all we need is a pacey winger who can cross the ball and a 30 goal a season striker (wouldn't most clubs love that last one! We had 3 goal scorers last year but it is more difficult in this league and without money, you won't find what you want!

Just a quick question during this lovefest. I've nothing against Norwich apart from driving my 2 kids there and then the meter ran out with the floodlights, but to you honestly feel you can entice our players now ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here