Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
As I said, I don't force you to read them. If you're really that sensitive and they bother you, block them.

i'm interesred as to why you bother to post a constant stream of negativity?

is it a constant cry for attention?

who do you think would want to read your repetative posts?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

What are you serious. Errors on ground all game

Doesn’t mean he wasn’t our best player, defensively strong, a few misplaced passes but I thought the whole team were off the pace today and the teams passing was shockingly bad with a few exceptions

Sent from my very expensive gated community

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Are you kidding on Burn? He played as a centre back today and his covering and tackling were superb, what more do you want from a CB? To then add to that his ball carrying, control and passing, at a level I think only Ben White has performed better at out of all Brighton CBs, I can only conclude you have something against him :shrug:
Just because someone makes a comment does not mean has something against. When Burn plays in a back 3 he spends most of time out wide. IT is out wide he is very poor and certainly hope he doesnt play against Salah

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Are you kidding on Burn? He played as a centre back today and his covering and tackling were superb, what more do you want from a CB? To then add to that his ball carrying, control and passing, at a level I think only Ben White has performed better at out of all Brighton CBs, I can only conclude you have something against him :shrug:

Watch Pukki’s chance which he chipped wide in the second half. Burn was so slow when he had possession that Pukki nipped in and stole the ball off him right outside our area. He had the ball in his possession and you can’t lose the ball there. Burn then doesn’t get back into position and it should be 1-0. He also completely misjudged a header from one of their counter attacks and they could have been in. Jumped three seconds too early. As for the tackle on Pukki, he got back but Pukki only had to shield the ball feel contact and it’s a penalty and a red no matter how well he may have done to get back.

I have nothing against Burn you plonker. Great squad player, great pro and great bloke. Just thought he looked ponderous in those moments. On reflection, he’s not as bad as I said and not as superb as you said. Would like Veltman to play centre back next week instead of him V City.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Disagree, he made some good last ditch challenges but also some very sloppy errors, seems to dwell on the ball at times. Would definitely play him in the starting XI at present but would expect him to be out of the team once Webster is fit.

Exactly, you disagree and would drop him as soon as Webster is fit, yet others here say he was MoTM... Marmite...!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yes, it was a really poor performance but in the cold light of day its an away point and clean sheet when not playing well. Disappointed but not that unhappy. In the past matches like this would have been easily lost.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Norwich had such a chronic lack of confidence that I found it difficult not to feel an affinity for them. Had no problem with making what would normally be the fate-baiting move of openly muttering that they had no cutting edge. They have no chance of staying up

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
i think that Norwich played like the away team, deep defending and tried to catch us on the counter attack , which almost worked three times. Thankfully their attack is shite. Next 2 games very interesting :) We beat both Man C and Liverpool in the respective fixtures last year and neither was a fluke. Dont assume we will automatically lose both matches.

Agree with this. We were poor today but very few people on here giving Norwich any credit for being hard to break down and then pacy on the counterattack. This is a bit like what we often hear from the entitled arsenal folks..

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
What are you serious. Errors on ground all game

Completely agree, lucky not to have cost us at least two goals today. At this level making last ditch challenges count for little if you gift 2-3 opportunities per game to the other side. Don't see how people can't see that.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They were absolutely terrible in the first half except the ginger kiddie who missed the sitter, as bad as I have seen in the premier League but we couldn't capitalise.
2nd half we did our best to gift them a goal but luckily they were as bad as us in front of goal.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We weren’t particularly threatening today, although Trossard nearly hooked one in and we really should have had a penalty. Norwich need the points so you can understand them putting all their players behind the ball and playing on the break, Roy Hodgson made a career out of it.

I thought a draw was probably a fair result overall, both teams had a couple of chances but neither really deserved all three points.

On the plus side it’s another point towards safety, which as ever is our primary concern.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very poor miss by Maupay at the end.

Hope he’s not going to follow the previous seasons of starting well and then fading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here