Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Norway Cruise

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Royal Caribbean was 100% tested pre-cruise last month and I came back with Covid:shrug:

We went on Brittania in May and there was very little if any on board. Much is also down to cleanliness. Brittania everybody was forced to either wash hand or sanitise hand before entering restaurants, Iona it was a choice, which many didn't bother, Brittania staff were also cleaning surfaces, bannisters, tables and chair between uses, there was none of this on Iona.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That’s harsh I thought sacking their staff was bad enough.

P&O are part of the Carnival group and nothing whatsoever to do with P&O ferries.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
P&O are part of the Carnival group and nothing whatsoever to do with P&O ferries.

It’s ok, Gaffer. Following earlier complaints, won’t be booking [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] to do any more cruise ship related satire.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Just came back from a fantastic cruise with P & O.
Not only was the scenery special, but P&O also served Harvey's best on board

One happy cruiser!!

One of a few Albion fans on board :thumbsup: think I may have spoken to you

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It’s ok, Gaffer. Following earlier complaints, won’t be booking [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] to do any more cruise ship related satire.

Sorry came late to the thread. LOL. ( story of my life)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We went on Brittania in May and there was very little if any on board. Much is also down to cleanliness. Brittania everybody was forced to either wash hand or sanitise hand before entering restaurants, Iona it was a choice, which many didn't bother, Brittania staff were also cleaning surfaces, bannisters, tables and chair between uses, there was none of this on Iona.

Has always been the case on cruises I’ve been on, pre covid, mainly to avoid noro virus

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just came back from a fantastic cruise with P & O.
Not only was the scenery special, but P&O also served Harvey's best on board

One happy cruiser!!

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm going on a cruise with Phil Tufnell, Martin Johnson and Steve Redgrave in a few weeks, should be a hoot.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Has always been the case on cruises I’ve been on, pre covid, mainly to avoid noro virus

Never done P & O, but Royal Caribbean have someone, often with a guitar, do the washee, washee song outside the big self service restaurant. They effectively block the way in and force diners to go through the washrooms before entering. Hopefully it helps with all the viruses.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I actually work for Royal Caribbean, and am currently on the Odyssey of the Seas. As someone stated, we test all guests and crew before they board to try and keep the numbers down as much as possible. We do reasonably well, but impossible to keep the numbers at 0.

Interesting to read all your thoughts on P&O. Yes, it is a different company. But, my thoughts are, if they are happy to take the positives that come with being under that brand name, they should have to take the shortfalls too.... Maybe that's just me working for a different company! I have never been on a P&O ship, but always hear how well they tailor it to the British.

Anyone else sailed with Royal recently? Hoping you enjoyed it! Thoughts on the shows? I am a Stage and Production Manager for the theatres onboard, so always curious to hear what people think!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here