Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northern Ireland

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't think that'll happen now Eire are utter gash again.

I don't think footballing prowess is the reasoning behind players such as Darron Gibson making the decision...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I don't think that'll happen now Eire are utter gash again.

Surprisingly enough, for the past number of years I don't think footballing prowess has been the reason that Darron Gibson, Aiden McGeady and Alex Bruce decided to play for Ireland rather than the North (the latter two could have declared for Scotland (and likely played) and England (and not...) respectively too). Dealing with the abuse they could, and it McGeady's case definitely would, from NIs odious fans is far more of an issue.

I've never met a nice Northern Ireland fan. They have victim complexes larger than Liverpool.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I work with one. :)

He's clearly had the sense to escape the north, then... and theres the whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" stuff. All the nice Northern Irish people I associate with who still live there support one of Ireland, Scotland or England, not their own team...

Yoda

English & European
He's clearly had the sense to escape the north, then... and theres the whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" stuff. All the nice Northern Irish people I associate with who still live there support one of Ireland, Scotland or England, not their own team...

That he has, as he's lived in Worthing for about the last 30/40 odd years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here