Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Northants v Sussex match thread***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like we have found our place in the table again. Can't see us getting anything much from this game from here.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. He had a great afternoon, and got out there to field for a couple of hours. Spent some time in the nets with Jofra as well, who was giving him tips etc. on his bowling.
Hes back out there today for the final days play, but not sure if he will do much....what an experience for him though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
D5EDA2EE-A2BB-4376-84CD-B41AAFEEAA2C.jpeg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I dont mean for this to sound like a "look at me" post - or detract from the match thread - but just heard my son has been taken out of school today and taken to the County Ground to play for the 2nd XI as they have had a few injury problems.
He may not get to do much - even just carrying the water bottles would be fine tbh - but at 14 years old he is living the dream alongside Jofra....We are absolutely stunned tbh!

Maybe some of the 2nds need to be moved up after seeing the 1sts score so far!

That is absolutely brilliant, you must be so proud!

What a moment for him, I can't imagine how I'd have been if that had been me at 14 possibly netting with the likes of Athey, Wells, Moores and Lewry as it would have been at the time!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If all the Sussex players retired hurt would the match be abandoned?

Otherwise an innings defeat looms.

Their 6th wicket pair have almost doubled our total :(

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Every Silver Lining has a Dark Cloud. Robbo takes wicket 25 of the Season at 13 and a bit. Will be playing Test Cricket for a while to come I reckon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Every Silver Lining has a Dark Cloud. Robbo takes wicket 25 of the Season at 13 and a bit. Will be playing Test Cricket for a while to come I reckon.
And what do we do then? Ollie really has stepped up this season but he can't do it all. Take his runs and wickets out of this match and I dread to think what the " score" would be.

Edit: we might as well go home now...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The seconds game is going a bit better. Sussex declare 320 in the lead with Archer in the attack, though there isn't much in the pitch.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Anyone else fancy a bowl? Sussex have used NINE :nono:

Only Stiaan van Zyl (injured??) and Ben Brown haven't had a go.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

If I was there I could offer some Offie Filth, my bowling is so bad I often (well not that often) got wickets from slices and other assorted miss hits as the batsman tried to hoik me for another boundary... :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I think they are playing for tine and hoping to make it into a third day :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex 80-4. It will be all over by tonight so the players will get plenty of golf time

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Northants bowlers completely toothless so far today. Batsman look well placed and secure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here