Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Northampton Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Carling Cup 1st Round *** Official !!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Dicker is a good player, but I'd argue he isn't really an adequate replacement for either of the players we've lost. He certainly doesn't have Sparrow's drive or goal threat and he's not even close to as good as Alan in the holding role. He'll do a job, but promotion contenders need more than do a job I'm afraid.

Agree with this.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Bar the injury and sending off the worst thing is how cheaply we're giving the ball away!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
How can we lose to Northampton!!!

There not a bad side, people often presume teams are utter shite just because they're a league below us, but they were one of the favourites to go up. Looks like we made the mistake of underestimating them, because IMO you either play a strong side, or all your reserves, not a mix, added to unfortunately a large piece of bad luck and stupidity.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Dicker is an able replacement, Decent player! Remember that volley, great passer too!

Sorry but Dicker gives the ball away ALL THE TIME!!!

He's a good player but all I kept hearing up until the radio cut out was "Dicker gives it away cheaply". I've noticed this an awful lot.

He's capable of a great pass but does give it away far too much for my liking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here