Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
076513_9274a85e.jpg

THE NORTH STAND
1984 - 1997
2011 - Forever

We'll never desert you!!

Well, sorry to say mate, most people appear to have left the North Stand in that photo.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
That isnt what we were told at the presentation. It was said that the back 4 rows would be allowed to stand but the rest would be made to sit. personally i couldn't care less.:falmer:
That's what we were told during the presentation too, lets just say I'm confident we won't have the same Nazi attitude from the stewards as we do at Withdean !

westy

Jul 25, 2003
If the new North is half as good as the old it will be quality.
North all the way for me..

seagulls1.jpg

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
There's loads of seats available now that everyones found out there is no bar and made a mass exodus to the WSU (Wooly Scarf Upper!)

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
North Stand will definitely be loud, which is why I'm going in there. I do not want to sit / stand with a bunch of doormice. There won't be any moaners in there, whingeing about too much singing, unlike in other parts of the stadium. One thing's guaranteed, the whole stadium will be noisier than Withdean :clap2:

I was in and out of the ticket office in 10 mins. I am in the North Stand and have got my seat in the same sort of position I did at the Goldstone. It is so important that from Day 1 an atmosphere is created in there. The buzz I used to get in the old North Stand was amazing. I can remember Gary Nelson, Kevin Bremnor, Junior Mcdougald, Jeff Minton, Kirt Nogan all storming towards the goal.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The no north stand bar joke seems to have gone a bit far now. I wonder if the club have actually had anyone ring them up to move as a result.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It's a shame the vocal fans will be in the North Stand in some respects.

I sincerely hope that the supporters near the away fans will want a bit of banter .Otherwise the atmosphere will suffer 'cos I can assure you most grounds where the away fans are at the opposite end of the ground there is a lot less singing.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It is so important that from Day 1 an atmosphere is created in there.

Agree with that. Start how you mean to go on, if it's buzzing from day 1 I think people will get in that away day mindset that you're going to be noisy. I also think the concorse bars will help alot if people do use them before the game, they could end up being their own little community and a place to kick off the noise with a few beers :drink:

Is there really no bar for a half time beer in the North stand? Gutted if that's the case but i wouldn't wanna stand/sit anywhere else

It was a wind up, there is a bar

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing

I sincerely hope that the supporters near the away fans will want a bit of banter .Otherwise the atmosphere will suffer 'cos I can assure you most grounds where the away fans are at the opposite end of the ground there is a lot less singing.

I agree with what your saying, and this isn't the best example to use, but look at Anfield. The Kop which is the all singing all standing end is at the other end compared to the away end. They are still able to roar on their team and have an effect on the away fans. And i'm sure that the stands either side also contribute a lot of noise, if we can get every stand signing then i'm sure we have no issue with this. But I do see where you are coming from as this happened at Bristol Rovers, with us being stuck in the marquee end as much as we tried creating our special away atmosphere we were getting little to no reply from their end.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I agree with what your saying, and this isn't the best example to use, but look at Anfield. The Kop which is the all singing all standing end is at the other end compared to the away end. They are still able to roar on their team and have an effect on the away fans...

Yeah, but the Kop holds 12,500.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

The plan from the Albions point of view was to have some 'boisterous' supporters in the West Upper South End looking down on the away stand and vocally intimidating them! This may of course still happen, depending who has tickets in that Upper Section.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The East Stand could be quite noisy too if the 1500 available matchday tickets sellout as these are next to the away stand and the accoustics will encourage us to give vociferous support.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Well I won't be moaning mate and that's where I'll be! Whereabouts are you sitting, we are 3 rows from the back about level with the left hand post I'm told. :thumbsup:

Awesome, mate! I'm on the back row, to the far right of the goal, second to last block. Will see you in the bar!

Have you and Moggy done your mosaic pics yet?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Yeah, but the Kop holds 12,500.

My only slight concern with the North Stand is that the roof is quite high, and where I'm sitting, to the far right of the goal (looking at the pitch) it's higher still because of the slope. But we want to be on that side of the North, to be near the West Stand. Think that'll be noisy, too, hopefully. But any roof is better than Withdean, just cannot wait!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here