Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

north stand

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
just wondered what percentage of people on here have ever been in the northstand at the goldstone , as its called northstand chat it seems alot of you are going to be in wsu . not abad thing alot of you seem to be moaning about aload of shit mainly are own fans . i wonder will they sell prawn sandwiches up there

Sep 1, 2010
No poll, poor spelling and grammar and a swipe at the posts on NSC. Watch ya back for the NSCM. I was a regular in the North Stand but have decided on WSU. Free beer you see.

I suppose NSC is full of ex North Standers like me, who are now in their 40s or 50s & whilst the heart says North Stand the head says West.

The defining point for me at the presentation was that beer can be bought during the game in the West!
North Standers only can get a pint before or after a match.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i was a north stander at the goldstone, i am also 50.
i shall be going in the north stand at the amex :amex:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I can't believe there are many Albion diehards out there ( 40+ ) who didn't go in the old North Stand at some time or another.
I debuted there in 1965 and made many sorties back over the years.
Now...well I've gone WSL....but I shall look across at the new North Stand, when the lads are in full voice and think back to those halcyon days when I was at the Goldstone. When the hair on the back of your neck used to stand on end, as the noise under that roof battered your senses. When you would jump and sing for the best part of 90 mins and come out afterwards drained to the core.
I might be in my more mature years now but I got the teeshirt years ago and inside every ageing ex-north stander there is still that glow of satisfaction when the massed ranks are giving their all for the cause.
" Sully, Sully..pride of the Goldstone, you're more than a winger to me "

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
I am 66 next week and was a North Stander at the Goldstone. I have already booked my seat in the Amex North Stand, together with my son, son-in-law, 3 grandsons and several friends with their kids.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
50 this year also old north stand boy
got to be the north for me

40 years ago this year i first stood in the North West with my Dad, i watched from the East once or twice and plenty from the South, was never in the West Stand but sat on the West Terrace in April 1996 v York City after the game had been abandoned, and for my last game at The Goldstone in 1997 i was in The South again, but for the majority of my many Albion games i was in the North Stand and loved it! In the North Stand i reckon i stood on almost every step, (how many were there?) left, right or centre. At first we were always near the front and a little towards the west, later it could be anywhere, half way up behind the goal, slightly to the east later on. I liked to get there early and never left before the end. Seldom bought food or drink.

Falmer? wherever! Happy to be there as often as i can!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
North was a second home, loved being one of the first hundred or so in there, getting a place on the crush barrier, watching the players warm up, the other stands filling up. Working a few weekends a month these days means a season ticket isn't for me and so I shall be sampling the view from all four sides at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here