Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand, such a shame

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There should be a Goldstone Tribute corrugated old roof built inside the AmEx, replete with moss and bird's nests, and lighting gantrys lads can climb up on to watch from above the North Stand seats. That would give that special touch of respect for our old home, and a sense of reality for those who miss the rustic charm of ye anciente footeball grounde.

Oh i don't know kinda like it and it looked good on a sunny day

Attachments

• GOLD08 001.jpg
    GOLD08 001.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 146

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
IMHO the only other improvement I would make to an extended Amex would be a larger and steeper rake to our seating in the North Stand, which would make it perfect.

The seating in that away stand at Barnsley last week was quite impressive, ok it won't win any design awards but did have a single steep rake of about 4000 seats. If full it would make a great noise and had a cracking view of the pitch - shame it was in Barnsley though!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There should be a Goldstone Tribute corrugated old roof built inside the AmEx, replete with moss and bird's nests, and lighting gantrys lads can climb up on to watch from above the North Stand seats. That would give that special touch of respect for our old home, and a sense of reality for those who miss the rustic charm of ye anciente footeball grounde.

lol

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Is that end standing or sitting?

All standing, approximately 25,000, although I think it can be converted into seating when needed?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Mutts Nutts and Dig54 in 'slag the Amex off' shocker...... change the record you chumps.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I watched FC København in a game a week or so ago and their seating is far far steeper than ours. Almost felt like I was going to fall off lol!

To be fair though they did only have 7k watching and its a 40k odd stadium... for a semi final...

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I watched FC København in a game a week or so ago and their seating is far far steeper than ours. Almost felt like I was going to fall off lol!

To be fair though they did only have 7k watching and its a 40k odd stadium... for a semi final...
Great to see a Danish Seagull on board. How did that happen?

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Followed a Danish girl there start of last season which was crap timing with the new stadium etc!! Still managed to watch 10 games live but will probably be a little less this season as working weekends.

The manager of the English pub in the centre of the city is a Brighton supporter too and we are trying to turn a few of the locals :D

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Followed a Danish girl there start of last season which was crap timing with the new stadium etc!! Still managed to watch 10 games live but will probably be a little less this season as working weekends.

The manager of the English pub in the centre of the city is a Brighton supporter too and we are trying to turn a few of the locals :D

Fascinating. Any pics? ( of pub AND the Danish girl you're stalking)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This is a footie forum not a f***ing English lesson , take your head out of your arse

This 100%...I've worked outdoor manual work since i left school in 1987...So my spelling is far from the best, my grammar is awful and I still don't know how to cut and paste lol....When arseholes come on here and put people down for the odd spelling mistake, they should take a real good look in the mirror. My bet is the man who has been digging holes and grafting hard for twenty years, could probably shove there perfect spelling and keyboards right up their arses for them...But if putting people down makes these wankers feel superior then good luck to them, tossers.!!!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This 100%...I've worked outdoor manual work since i left school in 1987...So my spelling is far from the best, my grammar is awful and I still don't know how to cut and paste lol....When arseholes come on here and put people down for the odd spelling mistake, they should take a real good look in the mirror. My bet is the man who has been digging holes and grafting hard for twenty years, could probably shove there perfect spelling and keyboards right up their arses for them...But if putting people down makes these wankers feel superior then good luck to them, tossers.!!!!!

lol..calm down..afterall its only an internet forum isn't it ..tht post cracked me up

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU

They did a feature in one of the match day programs earlier in the season re manager of the English pub - Great city lived there myself for five years in the 80's

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Whilst I agree with you, Kev, have and of are different words, it isn't a spelling mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here