Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand, such a shame

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Such a shame we couldn't have put another tier or doubled the size of our kop. Apart from that I'm well satisfied with our stadium.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Two tiered 'home' ends are whack.

The only way I would have liked to see it extended is in a single tier fashion such as the Anfield Kop.

Sadly this can never happen under the existing structure.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Only reason I mentioned this was because a Villa fan went on a tour of the stadium and thought it was excellent. The club was bigger than he thought but said it was a pity it just couldn't have been designed to accomodate a bigger kop end.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I was chatting to this Villa fan who was down on holiday and he really was impressed. He reckoned what with all the other seats going it will be right up there with the best and that if the kop end was perhaps twice the size it would be a really intimidating for any team to come down here. Anyway he is going to recommend a visit to other Villa fans

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Would of looked better if it was steeper going up to underside of roof but with the sides filled in end of next season the atmosphere will ripple better around the stadium, instead of the north stand being isolated the stand will have a better flow to it

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
10,000 in dreamland!

The Kop at anfield holds 12,400 since 1994. and use to hold an incredible 25-30K when standing was allowed!

234258d1333139849-yellow-wall-dortmund-story-sued19.jpg

:thumbsup: :albion2:

There should be a Goldstone Tribute corrugated old roof built inside the AmEx, replete with moss and bird's nests, and lighting gantrys lads can climb up on to watch from above the North Stand seats. That would give that special touch of respect for our old home, and a sense of reality for those who miss the rustic charm of ye anciente footeball grounde.

Feb 14, 2010
A proper end would be good but then most people prefer watching from the side, as close to the half way line as possible. Noise from the side of a ground is always more impressive than from an end as a side holds more. The West at Brighton is very very loud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here