Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand goal again

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm sure we always scored more in the North end of the Goldstone too.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Who cares where we score...as long as we do score...thought yesterday was going to be a 0-0.....then along came Will......WSL...................Will Sco:Dres Late...

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
When the extra seats are in there will be Albion fans behind both goals, so maybe that will even things up a bit.

I am in the middle of west lower so doesn't matter to me! But, I do think it makes a difference kicking towards your fans and also how the game is positined at half time. In my opinion Albion have always been the type of team who sits back and susses the other team out in the first half, then gets on the front foot in the second.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For us:

8 goals at the south end (Blackpool, Peterborough, Palace, Barnsley, Coventry, Coventry, Bristol, Sunderland)

18 at the North end (Doncaster, Doncaster, Blackpool, Peterborough, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Barnsley, Forest, Southampton, Southampton, Southampton, Bristol, Wrexham, Newcastle, Gillingham, Liverpool, Newcastle)

For our opponents: 10 in the north, 5 in the south.

Top statting that man! :clap2:

Presumably the first half/second half split must be about the same seeing as how, given the choice, we always kick towards the North Stand goal in the second half. Maybe the players just prefer celebrating in front of their own fans! :lol:

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Is it Villa, who have this big hoodoo about what end they shoot towards in the 2nd half? Seem to remember them being in a similar situation with most of their goals coming when they're attacking the home end in the 2nd half.

Either way, Falmer is turning in to a bit of a fortress, long may it continue. punk:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Top statting that man! :clap2:

Presumably the first half/second half split must be about the same seeing as how, given the choice, we always kick towards the North Stand goal in the second half. Maybe the players just prefer celebrating in front of their own fans! :lol:

I screwed up with that lot. The correct listing is:

Screwed up that edit, and now it's too late.

For us:

North 18
Doncaster 2
Blackpool 1
Peterborough 1
Leeds 3
Palace 1
Barnsley 1
Forest 1
Southampton 3
Bristol 1
Wrexham 1
Newcastle 1
Gillingham 1
Liverpool 1

South 7
Blackpool 1
Peterborough 1
Barnsley 1
Coventry 2
Bristol 1
Sunderland 1

As for first half/second half

At the Amex

league
1st half 7
2nd half 14

League cup
1st half 0
2nd half 2

FA Cup
1st half 0
2nd half 2

Away from the Amex

league
1st half 4
2nd half 7

League cup
1st half 0
2nd half 0

FA Cup
1st half 0
2nd half 1

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As for first half/second half

At the Amex

league
1st half 7
2nd half 14

League cup
1st half 0
2nd half 2

FA Cup
1st half 0
2nd half 2

Away from the Amex

league
1st half 4
2nd half 7

League cup
1st half 0
2nd half 0

FA Cup
1st half 0
2nd half 1

Big cheers for that! :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any opposition that does its homework would choose to attack towards the south goal in the first half if they win the toss.

In this age where teams pour over stats and anything that could give them a slight psychological edge, I'm surprised no one has figured this out.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
A couple of teams swapped us round at Withers last year. Still beat 'em. Of course, it could have something to do with working out how the opposition play in the first half and upping things in the second.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Any opposition that does its homework would choose to attack towards the south goal in the first half if they win the toss.

In this age where teams pour over stats and anything that could give them a slight psychological edge, I'm surprised no one has figured this out.

apart from, er, Palace.

But away teams like kicking towards their supporters in the second half as well

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
apart from, er, Palace.

But away teams like kicking towards their supporters in the second half as well

Although they may prefer kicking towards their own supporters in the second half, away teams have scored more at the north goal than the south goal.

Did Palace win the toss for the game at the Amex or did we try an experiment to see what it would be like to attack the north goal in the first half? I don't suppose we'll ever know.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did Palace win the toss for the game at the Amex or did we try an experiment to see what it would be like to attack the north goal in the first half? I don't suppose we'll ever know.

If you win the toss you pick ends and get kick off for the second half. Who kicked off the second half?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Where's Colinz when you need him?
He surely must have a conspiricy theory on this, backed with undinable physics.
Perhaps the goal is bigger at the north end?
Is the magnetic pole pull the cause?
Could it be the centrifugal force of the earth's spinning gravitational displacement?
Why it could be aircraft circling Gatwick creating a downward vortex with a northery bias?
Nah, must be the moon, if it can control the tides, it must also control a football [and a man went there too?]

C'mon Colz, clear this one up for us .......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here