Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North Stand Expansion + Away fans to be moved

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
And a twat jumping up and down at the front with a megaphone. I noticed this during the Palace match yesterday on TV. To me, this amazing Selhurst atmosphere is a myth. Yes it's better than ours but that isn't hard.
Actually there were TWO twats with microphones, standing right next to each other. Maybe one has to take over the twattery from the other whenever they get tired of twatting.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And a twat jumping up and down at the front with a megaphone. I noticed this during the Palace match yesterday on TV. To me, this amazing Selhurst atmosphere is a myth. Yes it's better than ours but that isn't hard.

The fabled Palace atmosphere: a bloke with a megaphone leading at most 50 others.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
As I’ve mentioned recently on a different thread I remember at time (81/82 possibly) when a section of singers positioned themselves at the north end of the East near the away fans, a bit short lived as by then we were struggling getting one group of singers together let alone two
I think that was during the time the old NS roof was taken down... at times, the West St 'firm' made a look at us migration to the East... they got a fright once when I think it was Man City fans paid them a visit during half time.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Actually there were TWO twats with microphones, standing right next to each other. Maybe one has to take over the twattery from the other whenever they get tired of twatting.
No different than European teams. Chanting for the sake of chanting, irrelevant of what is happening isn't an atmosphere it's people making a noise while a game of football is going on. Two separate events in the same place and not reactionary.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I think that was during the time the old NS roof was taken down... at times, the West St 'firm' made a look at us migration to the East... they got a fright once when I think it was Man City fans paid them a visit during half time.
I remember the West St lot taking residence there, this was possibly a season or so before, we were scruffier, flight jackets and Winfield trainers, even a few Skinheads

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The movement of the away fans to the southwest corner has been known for a little while now - the club don't want them directly behind the goal any more.

It will be interesting to see how that changes the Albion fan dynamic - will the south stand "rival" the north?
Can't see it rivalling North, not only as its historically our most lively stand!, but also any new ST in South could also be turfed out for bigger FA cup ties where away gets 15%.

It's been the away end for 12 years, will take a while for that to change.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Detailed construction drawings for the North Stand have already been prepared…

1728218454166.png

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was under the impression the new tier would seat around 750 fans, there’s no chance there’s that many in the South tier.
It must be about 125 seats across the width of the N&S stand, so that’s 6 rows. Is that feasible? Must be the absolute limit of space if it is, and your right, there’s nowhere near that number above the South.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It must be about 125 seats across the width of the N&S stand, so that’s 6 rows. Is that feasible? Must be the absolute limit of space if it is, and your right, there’s nowhere near that number above the South.

The NSC is about 150 seats wide, but the screen and security box meant the tiny hospitality shelf would only hold 420 folk.

IMG_4755.png

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The NSC is about 150 seats wide, but the screen and security box meant the tiny hospitality shelf would only hold 420 folk.

View attachment 189889
Looks like they intend to move the screen across towards the east by about 15 metres as well from those plans, as it's current position is above the 4th entrance alon from the right. 420 may not sound a lot, but it's an extra 15% of the current stand capacuty and if nothing else should hopefully add to the aesthetics of the stand as a behind-the-goal bank of fans.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks like they intend to move the screen across towards the east by about 15 metres as well from those plans, as it's current position is above the 4th entrance alon from the right. 420 may not sound a lot, but it's an extra 15% of the current stand capacuty and if nothing else should hopefully add to the aesthetics of the stand as a behind-the-goal bank of fans.

Not to be sniffed at.

Or extend the back of the NS into the rooms. The roof is supported by a giant truss anchored at the stadium corners, not the rooms framework of steels.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not to be sniffed at.

Or extend the back of the NS into the rooms. The roof is supported by a giant truss anchored at the stadium corners, not the rooms framework of steels.
As illustrated in the CAD drawing superimposed on post 110. It certaionly does seem the most obvious way to add a few rows, so I would assume there are good structural or practical reasons why it's not being done this way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As illustrated in the CAD drawing superimposed on post 110. It certaionly does seem the most obvious way to add a few rows, so I would assume there are good structural or practical reasons why it's not being done this way.

Hospitality per seat generates far more revenue. The new hospitality seats in the Anfield Road End cost £600 per game, including lunch, as a recent example.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hospitality per seat generates far more revenue. The new hospitality seats in the Anfield Road End cost £600 per game, including lunch, as a recent example.
There are so many areas in the ground where the hospitality cash can be pursued, along with the stated aim of being “a family club”, I just wish we could have a north stand that’s designed to be a true home end.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Poor old Webby - after the shit he’s had on social media too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here