Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
"MR. GRIMSDALE!!!"........*comedy trip* MAGIC

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Very little to be said for Dementia.
When I told my mother she had Aids and Dementia, she replied that it was a good job that she never had Aids.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I belive that he used to be a Director of the club, so that suggest some support of the club!

I was at the match at the Goldstone, (Against Chesterfield, 1965 I think) when he came out on the pitch at half time and sang GOSBTS (new words to Sussex by the sea that he had written). As for him being an Albion fan, I don't know, my old dad always used to say that he became a Director of the Albion just as a tax fiddle. He used to keep his luxury yacht moored at Shoreham Harbour. Comedy legend though, all the same.

:lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was at the match at the Goldstone, (Against Chesterfield, 1965 I think) when he came out on the pitch at half time and sang GOSBTS (new words to Sussex by the sea that he had written). As for him being an Albion fan, I don't know, my old dad always used to say that he became a Director of the Albion just as a tax fiddle. He used to keep his luxury yacht moored at Shoreham Harbour. Comedy legend though, all the same.

The words are:

Were the team from Brighton
Brighton by the sea
eleven players and a crowd that will roar them to victory
So shout you fans lets hear you roar (goal)
clap your hands until you see us score (clap hands 3 times)
for were going up to win the cup
Its Brighton now for sure.

Oh we're the team from Brighton
Hove by jove thats us
we're always fair we never swear
but now its s..t or bust
so shout you fans lets hear you roar (goal)
clap your hands until we score (3 claps)
for we're going up to win the cup
its Brighton now for sure.

If he became a director as a tax fiddle is there another one out there with £50m to spare who wants to do the same.

His luxury yacht was there for years-never went anywhere because it was always being worked on and frankly didn't look much like a luxury yacht. The Grey Goose I think it was called and looked more like an ex-patrol boat than yacht.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
I can remember watching NW in the mid fifties. He was on TV, a 9" set, yes, that's right a NINE INCH set. He was an act on a little show called Vick's Grill.
I never thought he was still alive. Good on yer Norman.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The words are:

Were the team from Brighton
Brighton by the sea
eleven players and a crowd that will roar them to victory
So shout you fans lets hear you roar (goal)
clap your hands until you see us score (clap hands 3 times)
for were going up to win the cup
Its Brighton now for sure.

Oh we're the team from Brighton
Hove by jove thats us
we're always fair we never swear
but now its s..t or bust
so shout you fans lets hear you roar (goal)
clap your hands until we score (3 claps)
for we're going up to win the cup
its Brighton now for sure.

If he became a director as a tax fiddle is there another one out there with £50m to spare who wants to do the same.

There are those on NSC who would say we've already got some comedians as Directors.

:laugh:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
"MR. GRIMSDALE!!!"........*comedy trip* MAGIC

I played football with Nick his Son about 10 years ago, unsuprisingly for Wisdom Sports. He sponsors us.

The amount of " Mr Grimsdale " stick he took off the sidelines from the opposition fans and players was just incredible !
How he stuck it out playing for us for about 6 weeks for us i will never know.

Nick Wisdom is a top fella.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Dementia is a nasty nasty disease. My father-in-law is still looking after his sister who is just going into the latter stages of dementia. For months she was convinced I was the brother of the Turkish prime-mimister and she kept asking me why he didn't come visit. I kid you not. It's murder for the relatives and I can't imagine what it's like for the person suffering it. A good home with people trained to help has to be the best solution. To be honest a day will soon come when they won't know the diffrence between their relatives and the people who care for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here