Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker's Legacy

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I obviously hope that this won't be the case but I wonder if Baker and the Lewes DC regime really want their political legacy to be the destuction of Sussex's only league football club. I'm sure they will attempt to shift responsibility for it and might like to think the death of the Albion won't have national repercussions. I think otherwise and, although it won't do us any good, Baker's stance will definitely be an act of self-destruction.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
All LIBDEMS are POLITICALLY NIEVE.

Both nationally and locally they go for the latest headline or easy issue/target, without contemplating the long term consquences of any issue they focus on.

These actions are typical of a so called Polictical Party without any long term roots or principles.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
mona said:
...and might like to think the death of the Albion won't have national repercussions. I think otherwise...

What do you see as the national repercussions? Outside Sussex, I very much doubt the majority of the population of this country gives a shit about our football club.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Re: Re: Norman Baker's Legacy

Grendel said:
What do you see as the national repercussions? Outside Sussex, I very much doubt the majority of the population of this country gives a shit about our football club.
If a political party had a hand in destroying a football club in another part of the country, it would cause many football followers to question the ideology of the party. Say it were Oxford instead of us, I might not have any links with Oxford but I wouldn't vote for a party that considered sport/football to be totally irrelevant. I think more people than we suppose would feel the same.

The Lewes crew naiively seem to think that they can destroy us, then go and enjoy themselves at that big stadium on top of the Sussex Downs, Goodwood, happily contemplating the London Olympics, and that nobody beyond a few thousand Brighton fans will hold them accountable. Ok it won't bring us any benefit but I'm sure they are mistaken.

Last edited:

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
Norman Baker would not only be famous for the death of our club, but for a number of motorists killed on the A27 between Lewes and Polgate due to his so called green policy of not allowing a dual carriage way to be built. Or due to a large amount of funding from the landowners in that area

:tosser:

Stevegull said:
Norman Baker would not only be famous for the death of our club, but for a number of motorists killed on the A27 between Lewes and Polgate due to his so called green policy of not allowing a dual carriage way to be built. Or due to a large amount of funding from the landowners in that area
Eh?

The one thing that the landowners in the area DON'T do is fund Baker.

Or am I misreading your message?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The Large One said:
It probably means (should this actually happen) that the Tories will take control of Lewes District Council.

I was more concerned with what would happen about falmer?

Would it still be opposed by LDC or would the tories drop the complaint if there for it meaning that the parish council are to small to carry-on?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Publicly, the Tories in Lewes have declared that they, on the whole, are in favour of Falmer. If they hold good to their promise, they will drop all challenges to Falmer, effectively leaving Falmer Parish Council holding the baby, as it were.

But this is the Tories we're talking about, and they're desparate for control of Lewes District Council, so they'll say anything - so, indeed, anything could happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here