Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker live at The Amex

I wonder if he makes any comments about how beautiful the stadium is. Be interesting to be a fly on the wall to hear how he conducts himself throughout.
The Department for Transport is quite fond of posting ministers' speeches at events like this on their website - sometimes with video. The other thing they quite often do is make last minute withdrawals of ministers from events, because "something more important" has cropped up.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Without wishing to stir the pot, OK maybe I do, but its amazing how fast those running the club were to dish out a ban from the Amex for a life long fan that supported the clubs bid to get the Amex after a certain palace game but not hand out a lifetime ban to the said Norman Baker...oh the irony

Of course not wishing to stir the pot with you... I VERY much see the point of your argument

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
The Department for Transport is quite fond of posting ministers' speeches at events like this on their website - sometimes with video. The other thing they quite often do is make last minute withdrawals of ministers from events, because "something more important" has cropped up.

Heheh. we will wait and see. :)

I wonder if the person who booked the conference at the Amex knew his background? Maybe a closet Albion fan having a laugh?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Given that we have just about the only major stadium in the UK with more than 80% of punters arriving by public transport including bus and train and decent provision for pedestrians and cycles I would hope that Norman Baker will have the good grace to commend the Albion for their achievement and that it should be a model for others to aspire to.

Plus as local MP he might also acknowledge the commercial boost that The Amex is giving to Lewes and that the added footfall on public transport might strengthen the case for enhancements to trains and buses, causes which have always been close to his heart.

If he had been more open minded about the Albion at Falmer he may have been in a position to encourage the building of our training academy in the Lewes / Newhaven area, which would give it a welcome shot in the arm. I wonder if there is any regret at a missed opportunity to help local employment?

He is regarded as an effective MP but my experience of dealings with him is that he is not one to concede when he may lose face, the best you get is that he climbs onto the fence and firmly stays there, so will be surprised if he says anything positive and sincere about us.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This man is a cock. I'd like to attend and throw a bit of abuse his way.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Unlike the rest of us he probably has a ministerial train of his own with a guaranteed seat and somewhere to put his bike, plus various PR people to bring him coffee and write his speeches for him.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Having just read the other thread about the Planning Committee meeting being today it is rather good timing and ironic that Baker should be at The Amex on the day that we are likely to get approval for the increased capacity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here