Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker live at The Amex

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
What odds on Falmer Parish Council holding meetings at the AMEX in the future! If Baker turns up he should be made to eat a special Piglets humble pie.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Have some respect in that he always replied to my emails (no matter how rude I was to him).

Attachments

• clegg.jpg
    clegg.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 79

Whatever you think of Norman Baker, he is the government minister with specific responsibilities for promoting low carbon vehicles and fuels - which is what the event is all about. Having organised a few transport conferences in my time, I can confirm that ministers are not paid a fee to attend or speak at such events.

Feb 14, 2010
Without wishing to stir the pot, OK maybe I do, but its amazing how fast those running the club were to dish out a ban from the Amex for a life long fan that supported the clubs bid to get the Amex after a certain palace game but not hand out a lifetime ban to the said Norman Baker...oh the irony

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Without wishing to stir the pot, OK maybe I do, but its amazing how fast those running the club were to dish out a ban from the Amex for a life long fan that supported the clubs bid to get the Amex after a certain palace game but not hand out a lifetime ban to the said Norman Baker...oh the irony
Yeah, can't they ban him due to his previous anti-social behaviour? We really don't want his sort at the ground. Mind you if he had one ounce of integrity he would decline the invitation to appear and send someone else given the vehemence of his opposition to the venue actually existing at all.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Whatever you think of Norman Baker, he is the government minister with specific responsibilities for promoting low carbon vehicles and fuels - which is what the event is all about. Having organised a few transport conferences in my time, I can confirm that ministers are not paid a fee to attend or speak at such events.

I wonder if he will be claiming for his food as he is away from Lewes. My earlier statement stands.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
With luck he'll try out a Segway, and do what the owner of the company that makes them did..............

We already have a nice sheer drop waiting for him outside the West Stand.......

The British owner of the firm that makes the Segway scooter died after riding one of the futuristic two-wheeled machines over a cliff and into a river, police said Monday.

The body of millionaire Jimi Heselden, 62, was discovered in the River Wharfe near his home in the town of Boston Spa in northern England on Sunday, said a spokeswoman for West Yorkshire Police.

"A Segway-style vehicle was recovered from the scene," the spokeswoman told AFP, adding that police were called to the scene after reports of a man "apparently having fallen from the cliffs above".

"The incident is not believed to be suspicious," she added.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
http://www.ecotechnologyshow.co.uk/consumer_visitors.html

:thumbsup:

I'm sure there will be at least one Albion supporter there that speaks up.

I wonder if he makes any comments about how beautiful the stadium is. Be interesting to be a fly on the wall to hear how he conducts himself throughout.

He has to have a lotta balls to do something at the Amex.

He was always polite to me, and responded by a letter (even though I'm not in his consituency). I just dont' agree with him and the student fee's vote was a complete betrayel of every student that voted for him (and the liberals).

Easy answer is don't vote them back in again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here