Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker, ever the opportunist

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Channel 4 News covers John Prescott's affair with his secretary, and who is the first person to appear and denounce him - our friend Mr Baker, wouldn't he just LOVE it if Prescott resigns.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Curious Orange said:
Channel 4 News covers John Prescott's affair with his secretary, and who is the first person to appear and denounce him - our friend Mr Baker, wouldn't he just LOVE it if Prescott resigns.

He has a letter in the Daily Telegraph today pointing out that since 1997 seven goverment ministers, including Clarke and Mullin, have given up their ministerial cars so why can't Cameron.

He could equally well have pointed out that seven government ministers have been shagging their secrateries or taking backhanders, so why won't Cameron?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He was on SCR this afternoon arguing with Jeremy Clarkson. What a busy lad.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Lord Bracknell said:
Was Baker REALLY denouncing Prescott for shagging someone he shouldn't?

:censored:

I may just have to tell a story.

If I were a cynic I would say that the Prescot story has only come out to deflect from Clarke and his inability to do his job. If you have a story about Baker then it is surely in the public interest. However, timing does seem to be everything doesn't it?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You haven't been seeing Baker in private, have you LB? Have you, have you, have you?

Having now found the item on the Channel 4 News page ...

... it would seem that Baker is asking whether it is reasonable for a Minister of the Crown to use public resources to support his nookie.

I would simply ask the following question:-

Is it reasonable for a Member of Parliament, caught in the act by a jealous husband, to call upon public resources to support his nookie, by phoning the police and getting Mr Plod to turn up and investigate the assault that inevitably occurs in these circumstances?

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
I've never understood how Norman Baker has never been challenged on the contradiction of his transport policies. He attacks car usage, but when we try and build something based almost entirely on public transport access, he doesn't like it.

However, I don't want to interrupt Lord B, who was about to say...

scotjem said:
I've never understood how Norman Baker has never been challenged on the contradiction of his transport policies. He attacks car usage, but when we try and build something based almost entirely on public transport access, he doesn't like it.

However, I don't want to interrupt Lord B, who was about to say...
... guess which MP I was talking about, 4 posts up?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lord Bracknell said:
Is it reasonable for a Member of Parliament, caught in the act by a jealous husband, to call upon public resources to support his nookie, by phoning the police and getting Mr Plod to turn up and investigate the assault that inevitably occurs in these circumstances?

Gosh, Lord B. Are you suggesting that NORMAN BAKER is a SHAGGER of some kind?

(By the way I was at a dinner party about 5 years ago with what turned out to be some gay Lib Dems from Manchester. I mentioned Norman for some reason and one of them said: "Oh yes, Norman's got a LOT to offer."

I never managed to persuade him to elaborate, or get to -- ahem -- the bottom of the story.)

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lord Bracknell said:
... guess which MP I was talking about, 4 posts up?

Is this going to be a story that's going to be revealed drip by drip.

I like it: NSC's very own soap opera.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Gosh, Lord B. Are you suggesting that NORMAN BAKER is a SHAGGER of some kind?

Well, well, and there's me thinking he was a complete wanker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here