Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone penalty appeal

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone get a clear view? Looked like a sure pen from where I was.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The replays made it look like a good shout. His leg was definitely caught.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I couldn't see whether it was a penalty or not, but the ref made a hash of it either way.
In my opinion it should've either been a penalty for us, or he should've booked Noone for diving. Instead he chose neither, incompetence.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
wsu south was the perfect view - noone was stretching away from the defender and he caught his leg. pen. but we were never getting a pen today if the guy had speared him to the ground with cermonial javelins, burned his shorts then buried the nylon-heavy ashes in the centre circle

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I couldn't see whether it was a penalty or not, but the ref made a hash of it either way.
In my opinion it should've either been a penalty for us, or he should've booked Noone for diving. Instead he chose neither, incompetence.

Yep. Ref gave a goalkick which means he felt that Nooney knocked it on (and eventually out).

If Noone knocked it on then fell over thats a blatent dive (and a yellow card)

If Noone knocked it on the was tripped over thats a blatent foul (and a penalty)

As it was the ref did nothing. Which is rather crap refereeing in my opinion.

Last edited:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Surprised the ref didn't give a throw in down the opposite end, f@@king useless, East Brighton park for the officials tomorrow morning

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yep. Ref gave a goalkick which means he felt that Nooney knocked it on (and eventually out).

If Noone knocked it on the was tripped over thats a blatent foul (and a penalty)

Had the exact same conversation in the bar after.

paul pring

Aug 11, 2011
tonbridge
i was in the south stand in front of the tackle which was mistimed and was 100% penalty,but we was never going to get anything from that ref.i am sure i saw him outside the ground with a burnley shirt on.i think he lives in croydon.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Anyone also notice that about 2 mins after he booked a Burnley player for deliberate handball, there was another deliberate hand ball by Burnley in the middle of the pitch. Another free-kick, but this time, no booking. Why?!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Anyone also notice that about 2 mins after he booked a Burnley player for deliberate handball, there was another deliberate hand ball by Burnley in the middle of the pitch. Another free-kick, but this time, no booking. Why?!

Because he is out of his depth. Totaly lost the plot.

D

Deleted member 2719

Noone tried to get to the line to cross the ball and defender caught him........... 100% pen from where i was sitting.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Anyone get a clear view? Looked like a sure pen from where I was.

Was in South stand and was a clear Pen but like others have said we could of played till next Saturday and still would not of got a decision in our favor.. Poor Poor ref, if i made that many mistakes in one day at work i would get sacked. Shocking

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
wen nooney broke thru there defence earlier the decision was clearer as to a free kick...wel i say clear...to every man woman and child ..but the idiot in charge

he cudnt even get corners n goal kicks right twat....grrr

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
wen nooney broke thru there defence earlier the decision was clearer as to a free kick...wel i say clear...to every man woman and child ..but the idiot in charge
Was that when he was sent flying off the ball just as he was bringing it down the wing? That was as clear a foul as I've ever seen. When the ref waved play on I went apoplectic. Apologies to those around me in the East...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here