Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone - from The Liverpool Echo

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Fair play to the lad. If I were playing regularly for Liverpool, but was a lifelong fan of Brighton and Hove Albion (ever-living, ever-breathing) I too would be in a tis-was - but I'd still want to stick it to those Southern, Shandy drinking softies.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jimmy Case

When Liverpool entertain the Seagulls on Sunday, it will be almost 29 years to the day they were dumped out of the competition at the same stage by the same opposition at the same venue.

Defeat signalled the end of Bob Paisley’s last chance to lift the FA Cup, the famous trophy having eluded the Anfield legend both as player and manager.

That the winner came from the boot of one of his former charges, Jimmy Case, only compounded the misery on a day Phil Neal’s spot-kick miss proved crucial.

“It was always going to be a tough game for me, going back to Anfield,” recalls Case, who won four league titles and three European Cups with Liverpool before moving to Brighton in 1981. “I’d only left two seasons prior to that.

Read More Liverpool FC v Brighton preview: I can only make a Case for LFC says Jimmy Case - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Sport - Liverpool Daily Post

My view: Liverpool had their mediocre game against Manchester United. It is too much to hope for two on the trot. Liverpool will escape with a draw.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Meh!

We didn't get all this before the last round with Will Buckley though did we? I only read that he was a Newcaslte fan in the papers the day after his winner.

Lets hope history repeats and Nooney or Navs get the winner against Liverpool.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I don't get the abuse Nooney is getting from some parts on here. He's a Liverpool fan, deal with it. More importantly, he's a professional footballer for Brighton & Hove Albion, and if he plays on Sunday I have no doubt he'll be giving 100% to try and knock Liverpool out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here