Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-League Day this Saturday

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I take plenty of trips a season to my local non-League club, but this Saturday will not be one of them.

I can heartily recommend it. You can stand on a terrace, the players are there for the love of the game, and are not fabulously wealthy arses who wouldn't give you the time of day. It's a simpler World with turnstile opeators who take your cash and let you through, no egotistical names and squad numbers on shirts (if you go below Conference).

I thoroughly enjoy it.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Go lower than conference and you can watch county league teams battle it out in the early stages of the FA Vase!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Off on holidays Saturday, starting in the IOW.

Newport IOW are in FA Vase action v Whitchurch United on Saturday, might give that a go. Then next week off to CY, will be taking in Anorthosis v APOP on the 12th.

But before that my brother, sis-in-law, wife and I will be guests at The Carter Cup where we part of the event sponsorship, think we're doing a bit of the live score updates and stuff, pesonally, I shall be aiming to head for the NAAFI bar and enjoying bluddy loads of football and beer!.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can heartily recommend it. You can stand on a terrace, the players are there for the love of the game, and are not fabulously wealthy arses who wouldn't give you the time of day

You know what, somehow I have trouble equating this beautiful and romantic depiction of non league players with the current Crawley Town side, but you know, times change :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm sure last season when Croydon played Worthing at Woodside Road, some of the Croydon fans travelled down with the team to save on travel costs.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure last season when Croydon played Worthing at Woodside Road, some of the Croydon fans travelled down with the team to save on travel costs.

Judging by the news surrounding the Pakistan cricket team over the past week, it seems unlikely that Croydon FC of all clubs would have any problems covering their costs...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pedant alert!

Croydon Athletic not Croydon FC. Two separate clubs.

Furry muff:thumbsup:

My bad, I suppose I thought there was a limit to how many nasty, tinpot Noddy football clubs in ugly crumbling stadiums a place like Croydon could sustain.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If the skip man comes in time to take away all our waste from the kitchen refurbishment I will be off to South Chard to see Perry Street take on the mighty seasiders Lyme Regis!!

:clap2:

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I'm an Old Git, so free bus to the ground, a pint of Deuchars IPA, a programme, watch Wealdstone v Bury Town, a free bus home again. I'm home by 17.30 and I've spent £10. Perhaps cut the programme out and have another pint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here