Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nominations for most exciting band of last 15 years please.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
doh. maybe i should have checked what i was quoting before i said i asked this in another thread:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Junior Senior

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Stone Roses
Oasis
Primal Scream
Leftfield
Nirvana

ps: saw Longpigs at Brighton Centre supporting Cast in the mid nineties and thought they were better...anyone else there?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oasis
Nirvana
The Strokes
Run DMC
The Darkness (why not ?)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Joy Division
The Smiths
Northside
New Order
Radiohead................

Oh, and One True Voice

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Gordon the Gopher said:
Stone Roses
Oasis
Primal Scream
Leftfield
Nirvana

ps: saw Longpigs at Brighton Centre supporting Cast in the mid nineties and thought they were better...anyone else there?

I was there and I used to see a lot of bands at that time...I also saw Cast at the Brighton Centre East Wing on their first round of tours and they were supported by Heavy Stereo. Gem Archer was in Heavy Stereo in those days and of course, he is now in Oasis and in my opinion wrote the best song on the last album.

Not sure how Oasis can be classed as exciting although they are (or were??) a top band.

My 5:

Stone Roses
Happy Mondays
Primal Scream
Nirvana
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Albion, England & Stone Roses forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The The
The Orb
Prodigy

The Strokes and Leftfield get honourable mentions, although they've only had one decent album out each.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Cheeky Monkey said:
The Strokes and Leftfield get honourable mentions, although they've only had one decent album out each.

Na, both the Strokes albums are decent, right about Leftfield though.

My 5, (in no particular order)

1) The White Stripes
2) Orbital
3) Reprazent
4) The Strokes
5) Prodigy

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Gordon the Gopher said:
Stone Roses
Oasis
Primal Scream
Leftfield
Nirvana

Yeah I was at that gig. I saw the longpigs at the concorde and they wer efucking brilliant, They had a band called Embassy supporting who I thought wer efantastic but they only ever made two singles and then vanished.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
Yeah I was at that gig. I saw the longpigs at the concorde and they wer efucking brilliant, They had a band called Embassy supporting who I thought wer efantastic but they only ever made two singles and then vanished.

I'll add myself to the list of NSC'ers present at that Cast gig. Mundy played too but they were shit and there wa a fight un the break between the Longpigs and Cast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here