Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No word of a lie!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
About a year ago when i moved into my flat in london from brighton i was confronted with a trophy lying on top of the Kitchen cupboards, thought nothing of it. I have just read it, it says:
THE TDK TROPHY
CRYSTAL PALACE FOOTBALL CLUB
9TH MAY 1999
:facepalm:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you'll have to burn the kitchen, and possilby the rest of the flat, to exorcise the demons. its the only way.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Who do you think you are...Pickles the sodding dog?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You could always contact the club, i'm sure they would be more than willing to fix a price to buy it from you ... and then only pay you a couple of pence in the pound of the agreed price for it once your there.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
FansNetwork/Loft For Words - QPR v Crystal Palace Connections and Memories - Queens Park Rangers news

Memorable Match
QPR 6-0 Crystal Palace
9th May 1999
First Division
The 1998/99 season had been a disappointing one for QPR. Manager Ray Harford was sacked halfway through and replaced by the returning Gerry Francis in his second spell at the club. Going into the last game of the season, although under Francis results had improved, Rangers were still in big trouble at the foot of the First Division table. On a sweltering hot day in May QPR entertained Crystal Palace knowing that all they had to do was match or better Bury who were on the same points as the R’s but with a worse goal difference.

A nervous Loftus Road crowed packed out the ground and generated an amazing atmosphere pre-kick off with balloons, banners and songs welcoming the R’s team onto the pitch. With radios firmly fixed to ears to keep up to date with Bury’s match at home to Port Vale, Rangers got off to the perfect start just eight minutes in. Great work on the left flank from Keith Rowland and Chris Kiwomya led to a Kiwomya cross avoiding the masses of balloons before being cleared to the edge of the box to George Kulscar. The R’s midfielder hit an unstoppable volley into the top corner past Kevin Miller, who didn’t even move a muscle. A great way to calm the nerves but the R’s faithful had to wait till minutes before the break to double their lead. A long punt down field from Ludek Miklosko fell in-between two defenders and Kiwomya was on hand to nick the ball past Miller and score at the second attempt with a header.

Rangers were further boosted just minutes into the second half when Palace went down to ten men after Zeng Zhiyi was given a straight red because of a push to ref Peter Reja. Two goals and a man up the R’s were now in confident mood and extend their lead on 56. A Tony Scully free-kick caused panic in the Palace box and Kiwomya managed to turn and net his second and Rangers third.

Tony Scully then got in on the act himself, when Gavin Peacock’s cross was cleared to Kulscar who headed to Scully on the right hand side of the box and the smashed a volley into the far corner of the net - Rangers were rampant. Palace then went down to nine men as David Woozley fouled Scully in the box and was given a red card and Kiwomya stepped up to take the penalty. Miller saved the striker’s effort but was unable to keep right-back Tim Breaker following in to make it 5-0 Rangers with his first goal for the club.

To round a memorable afternoon off Kiwomya completed his hat-trick. Another Scully cross found him in aches of room and although his initial header was saved, Kiwomya bundled the rebound in to round off an amazing great escape for Gerry Francis’ Queens Park Rangers.

QPR: Miklosko, Breacker, Baraclough, Kulcsar, Linighan, Maddix, Scully, Peacock, Rowland (Gallen 86) Slade, Kiwomya (Murray 86)

C Palace: Miller, Frampton, Woozley, Austin, Thomson, Foster (Burton) Fan Zhiyi, Martin (Carlisle) Morrison, Mullins

Postscript: At the final whistle, Rangers fans invaded the pitch and celebrated avoiding relegation on goal difference and seeing Bury, Oxford and Bristol City go down. Palace finished the season in 14th place.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ebay

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
image71.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here