Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Wonder we don`t sell many Tickets

seagull9

Feb 27, 2005
Burgess Hill
Just tried to order 4 tickets online at 7:30pm on the Tuesday before the game and the only option I have is to collect from the club shop !!!

I live in Burgess Hill and do not have the time to get to the club shop. If this is the only option then I will not go !!!, can anyone help me ?

Also while I am on a moan, I have sent a number of messages to the club suggesting ideas (one of which to make tickets available in pubs in local towns) and none of my messages have been replied to. Great customer service for a supporter of the club for over 20 years !!!

hopefully someone from the club might do the decent thing and reply to this.

please note the crowd this Sat will be 4 less !!! Thanks BHA

seagull9

Feb 27, 2005
Burgess Hill
Thanks, but I wanted to go to the pub in Brighton beforehand so do not want to mess about with that a few mins before kick off. Also the ticket includes the train but if I do not have a ticket then we will all have to buy a seperate train ticket.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Thanks, but I wanted to go to the pub in Brighton beforehand so do not want to mess about with that a few mins before kick off. Also the ticket includes the train but if I do not have a ticket then we will all have to buy a seperate train ticket.

This is actually a very interesting point. I think this topic should be explored in more depth.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Thanks, but I wanted to go to the pub in Brighton beforehand so do not want to mess about with that a few mins before kick off.

Isn't that a bit pathetic?

Either you want to go to the game or not. The club make it easy for you by allowing you to buy over the phone and then collect at the ground but you can't be bothered to do that because it messes up your time in the pub.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
This is actually a very interesting point. I think this topic should be explored in more depth.

From my experience, since I normally collect them from Withdean yet travel from Burgess Hill, the ticket collectors aren't in the slightest bit bothered - just tell them that you're collecting the ticket from the stadium. In the last few times I've been through Preston Park, they haven't even bothered taking the stubs.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Also while I am on a moan, I have sent a number of messages to the club suggesting ideas (one of which to make tickets available in pubs in local towns) and none of my messages have been replied to.

How do you make tickets available in pubs? Where do you get the extra computers for the database? How much do you pay the landlords for the extra training etc?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
From my experience, since I normally collect them from Withdean yet travel from Burgess Hill, the ticket collectors aren't in the slightest bit bothered - just tell them that you're collecting the ticket from the stadium. In the last few times I've been through Preston Park, they haven't even bothered taking the stubs.

This is saving the club money though, isn't it? The station won't have any stubs to present to the club, as far as I understand the club pays the train company for each stub!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The famous Brighton whingers live on.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Isn't that a bit pathetic?

Either you want to go to the game or not. The club make it easy for you by allowing you to buy over the phone and then collect at the ground but you can't be bothered to do that because it messes up your time in the pub.

No it isn't and no it isn't.

Going to football is an event that isn't just about the 90 minutes of play. In fact I lost count of the times that the 90 minutes of football has spoiled a very enjoyable day.

Say you've never been before OR never had to collect tickets before OR you've seen the queue that there is sometimes at that little ticket booth. It would put me off!

You're basically asking someone to cut their pre match beers down by 20 or 30 minutes in order to guaranty you get your tickets in time for kick off. It's a pain in the arse especially if you've got kids.

I bought some tickets to a festival from a German website on a Monday on the Friday the tickets arrived if the club can't get tickets from Brighton to Burgess Hill in 3 days then they either have no faith in the postal service or they are happy to turn away paying customers.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
also,if the club arn't spending the money on a stamp,what is the £2 booking fee for? 4 days to get a letter 10 miles inland should be well within the ability of the post office AND allow the club to print duplicates at withdean if they fail to arrive in time.
yet again season ticket holders(paying £17 a game)are slagging off those who pay a heavy premium (£24.50+£2 booking fee) to subsidise them

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
The famous Brighton whingers live on.

So complaining about an inefficient ticketing system is whinging?

We have Harty worrying about low crowds but we seem to hear numerous complaints on this forum about difficulties in obtaining tickets. This does not effect me as I am a 3 year season ticket holder but having been in the club shop on a Saturday morning picking up tickets for the Huddersfield, Forest and Leeds games I became aware of the 'limitations' of our ticket selling service. Basically not enough staff to serve the queue of people AND respond to the phone calls and one of the computers hanging.

Frankly I think these are valid things to 'whinge' about.

I know that people will state that people should buy the tickets further in advance. But let's face it if you wake up on a Saturday morning and the weather is good, you might fancy a trip to Withdean. If you can't get through to the ticket office you're not going to bother. If it's raining then clearly it's a less attractive proposition. People like to make a decision to go at short notice.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ooooohhhh those nasty season ticket holders who pay four months in advance.

Seagull9,
The only option that appears in the dropdown box is: 'Collect at Box Office' - which is at Withdean.
It only ever says this regardless of when the match is. It was when I ordered my PV ticket last week (arrived 2 working days later) - try a dummy booking for the Hartlepool game on the 19th and you'll see.
Beneath the dropdown box it also says -
'Tickets booked 3 days before a match will be posted out. Tickets booked 2 days before a match must be collected from the Ticket Collection Point at Withdean Stadium (from 2 hours before kick-off)'.

If you order tonight they will be posted to you tomorrow and you should receive them on Thursday. We normally buy our tickets online and this is how the system works. If you're in doubt, call/email the ticket office tomorrow with your booking reference to check or order them by phone.

Arthur,
Thank you for such a helpful and thoughtful contribution again.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
and what you forget yorkie is that most brighton fans arn't overpaid plod like you or settled financially 50 somethings like me,

most cant afford the season option and for a £2 booking fee they should be offered a service

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
and what you forget yorkie is that most brighton fans arn't overpaid plod like you or settled financially 50 somethings like me,
You haven't got a clue about my finances or my job. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here