Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Vicente = Points

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I know it's a very odd stat considering he is most probably the best player in our squad.

However, if you look at the statistics in wins with and without Vicente in the starting 11 during the entirety of last season up until today, we perform a lot better without him...

Odd.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
was definitely the right decision to rest him and Buckley today...now they have plenty of time to get fit and hopefully stay that way for the rest of the season!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Doesn't help if Vicente is played as a lone striker.

Get him fit, in the middle of the park in front of Bridders and Crofty and he'll tear teams a new arsehole.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Another Great Performance WITHOUT Vicente

Just an observation, and believe me I think the guy is shit hot, but once again we have played a blinder WITHOUT the Dagger. What can be made of this? Does his presence put pressure on our team?

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
it was barnsley

a very POOR injury ravaged barnsley

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
[MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION] will be over this thread like a rash-within the next hour....in full agreement

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
also had Buckley out too, can't wait until both of them get back in the mix!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I know it's a very odd stat considering he is most probably the best player in our squad.

However, if you look at the statistics in wins with and without Vicente in the starting 11 during the entirety of last season up until today, we perform a lot better without him...

Odd.

What`s the point that you are making

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In all seriousness, I'd be interested to see our with/without stats?

Think including last season so perhaps unfair,it looks better if he does not play,maybe the others feel overawed and not able to play their natural game,when he is on the pitch..

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
We only beat Derby last season as a result of him coming on. Funny people forget that. It's an interesting stat and has been discussed before. If he'd come on earlier I think wed have beaten Cardiff last week too.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Should never have been played at Swindon, that was downfall of his injury again. I'd have him in the team everytime, a team with is always better than a team without the dagger.

We only beat Derby last season as a result of him coming on. Funny people forget that. It's an interesting stat and has been discussed before. If he'd come on earlier I think wed have beaten Cardiff last week too.

Similarly against Pompey as well, 25' minutes of total flair and two goals after coming on us a sub and I think he was MOM as well. Probably a subject for another thread but has a sub been MOM before?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here