Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No stewarding complaints?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Not noticed one of these for a while.

Is it a case of the football distracting some fans from steward baiting, a change in attitude/policy from the stewards or a bit of both.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Less to moan about, the stewarding has seen a slight improvement, for a couple of games there were a few less stewards about so visibly but things have now reverted. What I did think was ridiculous last night were the 2 additional stewards standing in H Block, doing not much other than ask people who didn't get their eyes pointing firmly at the ground to show their ticket, despite having ALREADY shown it at the base of the stairs, still didnt stop most of the block sitting in the wrong seat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm guessing ALL the trouble makers have now been identified and banned.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Yesterday a frustrated dad in the family stand let rip at the ref asking him what the f*** he was playing at. It was unappreciated in front of all the kids, but I think it was an instinctive response to a poor decision. The steward (a woman) let him sit down, then quietly reminded him this was a family stand and he apologised. Sensible stewarding.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I usually get the park and ride and walk up tongdean lane, but last night I walked from a friend's house and walked down withdean road. The stewards were more welcoming, saying hello as I passed. Don't normally get that up Tongdean Lane.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Funnily enough a few of us were discussing this last night and commenting that the Stewards seemed to have lightened up of late. Maybe something has been said from above, but they certainly don't seem to be so confrontational and OTT which makes for a better experience at the ground.

Lets see if it lasts!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Less to moan about, the stewarding has seen a slight improvement, for a couple of games there were a few less stewards about so visibly but things have now reverted. What I did think was ridiculous last night were the 2 additional stewards standing in H Block, doing not much other than ask people who didn't get their eyes pointing firmly at the ground to show their ticket, despite having ALREADY shown it at the base of the stairs, still didnt stop most of the block sitting in the wrong seat.

Don't even get me started... some kids that are obssessed with calling the name I have on my shirt (my surname) when ever they see me, decided to sit IN my seat. Luckily there was a bit of space... but its frustrating because I don't want to complain and get them kicked out/piss them off because they're kids but its just really really annoying.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Good thread, timely reminder of what we still have to moan about. Stewards out!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why o why o why do we get asked to show our tickets before we make our way into H block...I have sat there for 10 years...I know where I am going.

....and how did i get into the ground without showing my ticket.

tsk tsk

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I was sat in H block on Tuesday night for one of my rare appearances at Withdean and I've got to say I rweally enjoyed it.

The stewarding was sensible - maybe a more pragmatic approach has been decided on by the club?

Fair play to the lads near me in row R - they got behind the team and had a laugh. There were even mini bundles after the goals, just like the old days.

It was heartening to hear people try and make some noise. I used to have a season ticket for several years in F block where anyone who started a song was looked at as if they were a complete mong.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
why o why o why do we get asked to show our tickets before we make our way into H block...I have sat there for 10 years...I know where I am going.

....and how did i get into the ground without showing my ticket.

tsk tsk

Because when the ground is pretty full, which it has been recently, they try to reduce any potential conflict caused by people moving around to sit with friends etc... seems quite sensible to me.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Because when the ground is pretty full, which it has been recently, they try to reduce any potential conflict caused by people moving around to sit with friends etc... seems quite sensible to me.

This is the correct answer,people tend to go up the stairs into blocks nearer the control tower then walk through the rows and base themselves in h and j block usually taking someone elses seat.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The human chain (of 6 stewards) segregating the Woking and Brighton fans, on departure, had to be the most pointless steward manouevre I have ever seen. Considering the fans then mixed a few metres further up. A complete and utter waste of time and energy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here