Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Robinho

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
and its Whing.....but apart from that well done Tom:laugh:

blueboymcfc

Sep 23, 2008
hello chaps, i`ve been watching your forum for a couple of days now, and i hope you don`t mind another city fan posting here.

i`d be surprised if we put out a very weak team against your lot tomorrow night. hughes is the sort of character who wants to win everything he enters. so i don`t think he`ll chance a defeat in a cup we have a reasonable chance of winning this year. not only that , but certain journos, on certain papers *cough the mirror cough* absolutely hate the thought of us doing well, and daring to compete with the tossers across the city. so they are waiting for hughes to slip up, with sharpened pencils. hughes won`t want that either. so, the common consensus amongst right thinking city fans is, :-

there`ll be no robinho, but i think we could have guessed at that one!.
but many of the team who played on sunday will at least make the trip, and whilst a couple of the other big names may be on the bench, i think it`ll be a fairly strong side.and petrov is still injured i believe.

anyway, hope it`s a good `un, and good luck boys!!.

Last edited:

Slim-MCFC

Sep 23, 2008
Hey guys, just thought I would pop on to give you stick. :flameboun Flame on. :p

Really impressed by the forum, it's more populated than ours is, and we have the first and second wave of bandwagoners already aboard. And you seem to know a bunch about our lesser known players, would love to say we can reciprocate, about any of your players to be honest, sorry. :(

Now onto the match. It's very unlikely that Robinho will be making the trip, there has been a report circulating that he is out of the country on a family commitment, but even if he was around I doubt he would be starting as our schedule has been rather hectic recently and we have to focus a lot on the league and europe and we have both coming up in the next week along with the cup game. Elano should be playing as he hasn't started a lot this season and Petrov and Johnson will probably come off the bench as they are returning from injury.

Most of the defence should stay static, although young Nedum Onuoha may get a run, with Corluka and Zabaleta he has had precious opportunities and this may be his only option for first team football for a while. Daniel Sturridge should start and if you haven't seen this kid play, you are in for a treat. Lastly and hopefully, we have a young lad called Vladimir Weiss who was instrumental in the youth fa cup win last year, he is a midfielder with some silky skills and hopefully can jump to the first team starting on Wednesday.

As for the score, you have a great opportunity here. We are just awful at league cup matches, we lose to just about everyone, no matter the league they are in, the form we are in or the team we put out. It's just one of those things we like to call 'typical City'. If you win you will no doubt hear it many times that night. However, things at the Middle Eastlands have been anything but typical, so while I hope you enjoy the game and we have a cracking game, I have to tip us to win. I am sure you understand. Brighton 0-2 City. (Elano, Studge)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Thanks to the MCFC boys that have posted.

Lets hope we do ourselves justice and put in a good performance regardless of the result. And lets hope the crowd get behind the team instead of booing at the slightest hint of us not playing well.

:albion1::albion2::albion1::albion2:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Oh, and sorry in advance for the absolutely abysmal view from the away end.

:bowdown: to all of you making the long journey down to the seaside.

Best advice I can give you is: bring binoculars!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here