Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No politics

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sorry, too much Carling last night! Just read a thread slagging off Maggie Thatcher & some of the extreme views on there got my back up! Sorry if I caused anybody any offence.

May i refer you to some very sound advice from last night

My advice is:

- do what you want

- say what you want

- f*** 'em if they don't like it

we were all JCLs once pal!

and one more thing: try not to post when you're drunk.... ahem!

:thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
It was your post that made me hang my head in shame mate! But I'm not a d*** when I'm sober & unless some people are drunk already this morning there are others on here who are total planks without alcohol!

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Sorry, too much Carling last night! Just read a thread slagging off Maggie Thatcher & some of the extreme views on there got my back up! Sorry if I caused anybody any offence.

Carling? Na... stick to the Special Brew and then you won't have to worry about causing offence. It is manda tory on here!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No offence meant. I was merely trying to suggest we stick to footballing matters on a football forum. But as it has been mentioned perhaps there is a reason central Brighton votes Green which totally contradicts the way the rest of Sussex votes? I do have a problem with the gay tag that other fans throw at us. Same as non jewish Tottenham fans may be offended by them name thrown at them I guess.
This isn't a football forum; it's a forum for Brighton fans. We've all got other interests outside of the Albion (such as politics) and, as has been pointed out, if the discussions were just shit transfer rumours or whether we should play a strict 4-4-2 NSC would just be a boring gathering place for nerds and anoraks.

EDIT: Keep posting though! Reading the rest of this thread after your post that I quoted it seems to be a nice mix of political conspiracy and the correct use of inverted commas. NSC at it's best!

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It was your post that made me hang my head in shame mate! But I'm not a d*** when I'm sober & unless some people are drunk already this morning there are others on here who are total planks without alcohol!

I'm on my 2nd can of Carling-

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Carling? Na... stick to the Special Brew and then you won't have to worry about causing offence. It is manda tory on here!

I beg to differ-normally i would agree,however as the passing petrol station only had Carling(1 pint) cans-so that's what it had to be.

If you were around in 1968-69, you'll remember the piece of graffiti near Pyecombe that always told me that I was arriving back in Brighton ...

CBR 30th

It was there for years. Does anyone remember what it was all about?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This isn't a football forum; it's a forum for Brighton fans. We've all got other interests outside of the Albion (such as politics) and, as has been pointed out, if the discussions were just shit transfer rumours or whether we should play a strict 4-4-2 NSC would just be a boring gathering place for nerds and anoraks.

EDIT: Keep posting though! Reading the rest of this thread after your post that I quoted it seems to be a nice mix of political conspiracy and the correct use of inverted commas. NSC at it's best!

Them's wise words Mr B. All we need now is cheeky smattering of fishy-based punsmithery & that'll be the NSC Holy Trinity all done & dusted.

:fishing:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If you were around in 1968-69, you'll remember the piece of graffiti near Pyecombe that always told me that I was arriving back in Brighton ...

CBR 30th

Sorry My Lord,for i were not even a twinkle in my mothers eye in 68.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone

CBR 30th

I wasn't *alive* yet in 1969 although that was, apparently, the year of my conception. Yes, it's true: people were f***ing, on my behalf, in the 1960s.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Was it the 30th Birthday of a certain CBR perchance??

Was it the 30th Birthday of a certain CBR perchance??
Nope.

It was on the side of one of the ventilation shafts that keep air blowing into the Clayton railway tunnel - and it was there for at least 20 years. It was painted in the late sixties and refers to a specific political event in Brighton.

The "CBR" bit does refer to the initials of a particular individual - a Mr C B Rolfe (or was it Roffe?). If you can remember who he was, that will be a clue.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I was born here, so not a refugee.

I think you are confusing immigrants and refugees though.

Apologies - didn't know that.

You're right of course - there's a difference. I just find it ironic when some people (not you clearly) who move to the Costas or Oz and then bang on about how Britain has too many immigrants.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I wasn't *alive* yet in 1969 although that was, apparently, the year of my conception. Yes, it's true: people were f***ing, on my behalf, in the 1960s.

amazing stuff aint it-really-think without it i would not be repling to you now-amazing.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Nope.

It was on the side of one of the ventilation shafts that keep air blowing into the Clayton railway tunnel - and it was there for at least 20 years. It was painted in the late sixties and refers to a specific political event in Brighton.

The "CBR" bit does refer to the initials of a particular individual - a Mr C B Rolfe (or was it Roffe?). If you can remember who he was, that will be a clue.

Before my time I'm afraid, your Lordship (& all Google seem to come up with is 'Did you mean coffee'.

:wozza:

Edit: Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here