Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No player embargo

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
Coppell - There's no embargo on taking players from Brighton

Royals boss Steve Coppell has confirmed that there is no embargo on him taking players from Brighton & Hove Albion after he made the switch up the M3 (??twats??) from the south coast club.

Former manager Alan Pardew was a big admirer of Seagulls centre-back Danny Cullip, and Coppell said, "I spoke with Dick Knight_on Wednesday and he never mentioned an embargo. I've got the ultimate respect for the players_down there, they've got no stadium and_no training ground as such. It was_a big upheaval for me to leave that group of players.

"Would I want some of_them? Undoubtedly, they've_got some top players down there._Even so my initial job is to assess things here and if I need to do anything.

"In an ideal world we’d get straight back on track here and get right in the thick of things, but_obviously I do things differently from Alan and there'll be a settling-in period."

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh f*** that dont sound good at all!
Cullip - would he go? I reckon so yes
Jones - Wants to play for Wales so needs to be in 1st Div club
Knight - Contracted to us and wont go cheaply so he's staying
Hinshlewood - not proven yet but certainly has made an impression so far this seaon
Kuipers - Probably not
Jake Robinson - SIGN HIM UP NOW DK!

I'm worried by this now
grayno.gif

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Cullip is the only one I think he will bid for.

Kuipers is safe cause Coppel dropped him, Jones hasnt really performed this season, Knight is contracted and would be too expensive, Hinshelwood isnt good enough (Yet) and Robinson is as of yet unproven

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Knight would not be "too expensive"; he is currently on a two year "shop-window" contract - if he continues to have a good season with us, he will undoubtedly attract attention. Consequently, he will be free to negotiate with other clubs mid-way through next season, and move for free, with his compensation value (under 23 yrs old) being decided by a tribunal. So, towards the end of this season, if Knight has bagged 20+ goals, expect to see higher division clubs (ie Reading) making derisory bids, knowing we'll be forced to accept or lose the lad for next-to-nothing. We need to negotiate a contract extension with him asap.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
getting advice from someone who was told he cant play football for 6 weeks, and played and got injured!!!

love ya really!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ben andrews girlfriend said:
f*** off coppell!! why isnt there an embargo??

BAG my dear thats rude ;)

I reckon DK has the same feelings towards Embargo's as he does to Managers...lets them talk! Which could be bad for our players or maybe DK will just say "at a price" to Coppell if he asks.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Gotsmanov said:
Knight would not be "too expensive"; he is currently on a two year "shop-window" contract - if he continues to have a good season with us, he will undoubtedly attract attention. Consequently, he will be free to negotiate with other clubs mid-way through next season, and move for free, with his compensation value (under 23 yrs old) being decided by a tribunal. So, towards the end of this season, if Knight has bagged 20+ goals, expect to see higher division clubs (ie Reading) making derisory bids, knowing we'll be forced to accept or lose the lad for next-to-nothing. We need to negotiate a contract extension with him asap.

long way off yet, we wont let him slip through our fingers for next to nothing

I do get the impression that SC kinda feels a bit guilty for leaving us, so there is a remote possbility that he might decide to leave us well alone, to avoid adding insult to injury.

After all, he doesn't want to be thought of as a total twat now does he. But then again, he wouldn't have left us if that was the case I suppose.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
In a month or so time we will know if we are getting Falmer.
If we do I think many of the players will be happy to stay with us in the knowledge there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Also it should be pointed out that next season Reading won,t be in a higher division so why go there.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
So how come Madejski can put an embargo on West Ham buying Reading players?

Is Dick Knight thick or someting?

angry.gif

Last edited:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I saw Cullip on the local news saying he was the best manager he has played under so I reckon he could go if he was approached by Reading. I would be gutted.:(

bromleygull

Aug 8, 2003
lancing
every player has a price and if sc does ask dk about 1 of ours let him, its the way football is. if certain players want to leave then let them, would it realy be a disaster if we dont go up this season? falmer is whats important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here