Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No new players for tommorrow then?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I thought we would have pulled in Cudicini, Walcott, Ronaldinho, Henry, Lampard, Rooney etc. They must have heard about what a crap man manager MM is and decided to stay away. Never mind. I expect we will be lining up some 52 year olds before next week. It's not as though the window has closed, just the deadline for playing on Saturday. We are still going to get 3 points off Leeds though!:clap2:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Trigger said:
And another week closer to League 1.

you forgot the :clap2:

*note* I was actually highlighting the strange logic that some on here have that when we don't sign players early in a pre season it's really good, because we save wages.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i was expecting some news today. i was just hopeing all week, but EXPECTING TODAY. looks like we might be saving the wages until end of transfer period. thats if we get anyone!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Woodchip said:
No, it's the fact that no-one will play for a Texan Bar, and a packet of Quavers a week.

Nor would I, but if it was a boost and a tube of pringles I might

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
I thought we would have pulled in Cudicini, Walcott, Ronaldinho, Henry, Lampard, Rooney etc. They must have heard about what a crap man manager MM is and decided to stay away. Never mind. I expect we will be lining up some 52 year olds before next week. It's not as though the window has closed, just the deadline for playing on Saturday. We are still going to get 3 points off Leeds though!:clap2:

Are they playing without a keeper?

:nono:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
On a more optomistic note, Blayney and Shaaban played without anyone knowing they'd signed.......???

Admittedly, i'm clutching at straws somewhat

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
On a more optomistic note, Blayney and Shaaban played without anyone knowing they'd signed.......???

Admittedly, i'm clutching at straws somewhat

Eh? Shaaban had been training with us and was meant to play in a Sussex Senior Cup game in Eastbourne, but did not and was then in the starting 11 against Sunderland. It was announced on deadline day that we had signed Blaney on loan for the rest of the season and then he played in the next game at Coventry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here