Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
North Stand Final Score:

Wind & Rain 1 - 0 Roof

Bloom OUT, Sack The Architect, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :annoyed:

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
I was dry in row n of east stand - a few spits and spots when the wind blew but I'm sure there will be games when I will get wetter.

Dry in East row J - did not realise it was raining for some time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Here's a new song for the North Stand...

'Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose seat is way back in row zed
No one seems to sit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

I'll get me raincoat :blush:

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
I was nice and dry in WSU, even had my shorts on, although it did seem a bit weird not getting soaked like we were use to at the Withdean.

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
Got us in row K of the North Stand, but the rain was being blown directly at us, probably by the south stand!!

Enjoyed the "we're the dry side v wet side Brighton boys" chant tho

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

No one seems to sit

I have heard worse songs suggested on here.

No, really.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Took about ten minutes to notice it was raining in WSU.

However the garlic and onions on the allotment needed watering so was cause for celebration when I twigged.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
All rooves are quiet. They make NO noise

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

No one gives a shit

Consider it fixed. :wink:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Row K east stand, we got odd few drops hitting us, I didn't realise how heavy it was raining until I looked up into the floodlights.

Different wind direction might be a different story and may get marginally wet but think we should be far enough back to escape the drenching the front rows were getting.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is a great big hole in the middle of the stadium - what do you expect?

Sitting at the back of the WSU I would like to complain about the rain - the sound of it hitting the roof woke me up.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Lovely and dry in WSU but we need covered walkways to the coach park please.

Yep. I then had a short walk round to the north stand bars after the game. By the time I left the Amex at about 10.30pm, the rain had gone. :cheers:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yep. I then had a short walk round to the north stand bars after the game. By the time I left the Amex at about 10.30pm, the rain had gone. :cheers:
-

This this this and this. Started queing for Mill rd for the first few games and it took 30-45 minutes each time. Last couple games walked from WSU through the North Stand concourse and then to the East, had a cup of coffee watched highlight on Sky waited 30 minutes for queue to shrink then almost walked straight onto a bus.....job done and kept dry. Strange fact.....have got home at 11.40 for all evening games! ( i live 40 miles from The Amex).:ascarf:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
For those who got wet, A nice range of rain macks & winter jackets available in the club store :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I got totaly soaked at the front of the north stand, The disabled section I was in was virtually deserted long before the end of the game as fans tried to find some kind of shelter from the rain.

was moaning away about the 100 million spent and im still getting wet blah to a mate last night and then saw the wheelchair bound folks basicaly left out in the open and thought hmmmm stop moaning , cant quite fathom why with all that space in the corners ect a covered area for wheelchairs ect has not been provided , in the meantime the club are to put up a few signs if it looks like rain :) , well done for sticking it out.

Wheelchair+with+snorkel.jpg

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I think this proves that the wind direction was freakish last night. I'm guessing that in a normal rainy day, the prevailing winds will be from the west, meaning the East will get a drenching.

Possibly, but in winter the wind shifts from gulf stream helping south westerly to cold crap north/eastern arctic wind, so in theory east and north stands should escape the the brunt of it and WSL and south stands are gonna cop it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here