Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Moans Yet About The Roof?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm in row N WSL...there was the faintest hint of light spray, when the wind changed direction but barely noticeable. When I first saw my seat was level with the press box, my first thought was..." I am going to be pretty dry here "

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
WSL 9 rows back, got a bit of rain now and then, but nothing like Withdean.

I imagine the roof is designed to allow as much sun to get to the pitch as possible, I think the retractable ones cost about £30 million.

What ever happened to win when its raining, saw the review of the Barnet 1-0 away win the other year in the programme, I was under the roof that day but still got completley soaked.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
North Stand Row H - got very wet last night. I thought it would be touch and go that I'd escape the swirly rain. When the wind dropped I was just about ok but as soon as the wind caught hold we got drenched.

I have to say I hoped my days of getiing soaked had ended after Withdean. £93M seems a lot of money when you still get wet 8 rows back...

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
:eek:

North Stand Row H - got very wet last night. I thought it would be touch and go that I'd escape the swirly rain. When the wind dropped I was just about ok but as soon as the wind caught hold we got drenched.

I have to say I hoped my days of getiing soaked had ended after Withdean. £93M seems a lot of money when you still get wet 8 rows back...

You paid 93M quid for your season ticket?!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I am no geographer but think it was just one of those nights that won't be too common, the wind was coming in sideways at one point. Definitely got the odd little spray right at the very back of the north stand, just a bit of a freak occurrence. Disclaimer - I have nothing to base this on.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
we should have a retractable roof in the south stand, so when it does rain we take it back so the away fans get soaked. how dare they get to stay dry and our hardcore support get soaked.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I was dry in row n of east stand - a few spits and spots when the wind blew but I'm sure there will be games when I will get wetter.

I've got wet (under cover) at wembley, white hart lane, west ham and old trafford as well as at the goldstone (the west terraces would regularly get wet). So its no real shock. Unless you're a palace fan when its easy in the rain to move to the back of the stand due to the thaaaaaasands or empty seats.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dry as a BONE in the WSU. I didn't even know it was raining till someone pointed it out.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Oh shit I forgot to moan, I chose my seats of my own free will but I must complain becuase my children and I got wet when we will get a proper roof and what is TBloom going to do about changing the weather when we play it is just not on it was sunny and mild at the begining of the season why are the club making it rain and again of my own free will I queued for a pie........... Blah blah blah blah blah

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
WSU didnt have a clue it was raining until I heard the rain on the roof. Lovely and warm as well to be honest.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Anyone else experience any leaks, there were large droplets falling in some places in the Family Stand?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Would I be wildly wrong to assume it wouldn't be so windy when the East Upper is complete and there isn't an enormous gap into the stadium?

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Third row back in the east was not too bad. We got wet but certainly not soaked. There seemed to be no dampness five/six rows back. That said, I think we were lucky with the wind direction - it sounds like the North stand suffered from that one.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
T-shirt conditions in WSU.

With the atmosphere and seeing other comments about getting wet so glad I chose here

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Third row back in the east was not too bad. We got wet but certainly not soaked. There seemed to be no dampness five/six rows back. That said, I think we were lucky with the wind direction - it sounds like the North stand suffered from that one.

I think this proves that the wind direction was freakish last night. I'm guessing that in a normal rainy day, the prevailing winds will be from the west, meaning the East will get a drenching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here