Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No mention of the JP masks

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Media are told not to show JP mask but are allowed to show fake photos of Iraqi's being tortured !. Strange world.

The JP mask didn;t cut the mustard for me. Black & White didn;t help. Can we get some colour ones done ?!.

Also some people may think the Iwelumo wigs have gollywog connetations and gollywogs are a big no no in this pc mad world now.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Your point being...? ???

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Gareth Glover said:
Also some people may think the Iwelumo wigs have gollywog connetations and gollywogs are a big no no in this pc mad world now.

you mean like the black chappie in the turnstiles who thought it was great!

:afro:

poke

Oct 19, 2003
i dont there were enough masks there. if everyone had tehm it would have been more noticeable, but there were just a few dotted around

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Gareth Glover said:
Media are told not to show JP mask but are allowed to show fake photos of Iraqi's being tortured !. Strange world.

Much as a conspiracy is always much more enjoyable, on this occasion, conspiracy theorists may have to accept a much duller version of events. Like the boring reality of the Aldershot game going to penalties.

Sky were all over the place before yesterday's game and were filming no end of people with JP masks and stuff. Without the Aldershot over-run I reckon that all of this would have been shown.

As for coverage during the game, the sun that was great to bake under was actually no help at all in advancing our cause on TV. It bleached out most of the contrast - and thus the detail - of our marvellous scenes.

Also, before getting too harshed-out about things, Sky TV went to Swindon to film a game of football. Not a documentary about a team campaigning for a new stadium.

But we've got another chance on Thursday when we've got the home advantage in both the footy and the chance to get the Falmer message across.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
roz said:
Much as a conspiracy is always much more enjoyable, on this occasion, conspiracy theorists may have to accept a much duller version of events. Like the boring reality of the Aldershot game going to penalties.

Sky were all over the place before yesterday's game and were filming no end of people with JP masks and stuff. Without the Aldershot over-run I reckon that all of this would have been shown.

As for coverage during the game, the sun that was great to bake under was actually no help at all in advancing our cause on TV. It bleached out most of the contrast - and thus the detail - of our marvellous scenes.

Also, before getting too harshed-out about things, Sky TV went to Swindon to film a game of football. Not a documentary about a team campaigning for a new stadium.

But we've got another chance on Thursday when we've got the home advantage in both the footy and the chance to get the Falmer message across.

Were obviously on a link-up with Southern Counties, which seems to have led most sports bulletins I've heard on the Aldershot result rather than the Albion.

Also, though, plenty of moans in the pub I was in when the Sky transmission went down, that not one of their many cameras managed to keep a connection! Probably not quite how it works, but - well, there's always scope for a bias complaint or conspiracy theory. . . We are football fans, after all. . . :)
Hope it wasn't Prescott himself who pressed the button. . .
Much as I hope he doesn't have any access to a slightly more serious button, no matter what happens to his immediate boss. . .

Lush

Mods' Pet
roz said:
No, you've got the little feller with the camera tied onto him who has to run like feck up and down the sidelines...

That's a camera? I thought that was a flag?

Seriously though that angle is going to be poxy given that the BOTTOM of the South Stand is already about 6ft higher than he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here